Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by ayazpak View Post
Thank CSSU Developers for a great work, now N900 becoming more pretty. I have a suggestion (if not discussed before). Make possible to rotate desktop in portait mode as well. When I open a program like Media Player in portrait mode some icons went out from screen and not visible, plz try to resolve this problem. Thanks in Advance.
Desktop rotation would be really irritating tbh. Besides it is better to have the desktop in landscape as this is how it always was meant to be, and use DrLaunch widgets which will rotate your app icons.

Seeing as the Menu is now working portrait the need for a portrait hildon desktop is much less of a priority.

As for the mediaplayer, MohammadAG is working on a Qt version of the MediaPlayer but has not released that yet, why not try this instead as it kicks the default MediaPlayer's butt?

SomePlayer

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ayazpak View Post
Thank CSSU Developers for a great work, now N900 becoming more pretty. I have a suggestion (if not discussed before). Make possible to rotate desktop in portait mode as well. When I open a program like Media Player in portrait mode some icons went out from screen and not visible, plz try to resolve this problem. Thanks in Advance.
They are working on it and MohammadAG are working on a (from some screenshots) a really well looking Media Player that may replace the standard one that will work well in portrait.

The Following User Says Thank You to towhatend For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Desktop rotation would be really irritating tbh. Besides it is better to have the desktop in landscape as this is how it always was meant to be, and use DrLaunch widgets which will rotate your app icons.

Seeing as the Menu is now working portrait the need for a portrait hildon desktop is much less of a priority.

As for the mediaplayer, MohammadAG is working on a Qt version of the MediaPlayer but has not released that yet, why not try this instead as it kicks the default MediaPlayer's butt?

SomePlayer
Many want that function, must likely the devs themselves, besides the chance is big that you easily can turn that off.

I think that SomePlayer miss some functions that the version MohammadAG are working on, not sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to towhatend For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by towhatend View Post
Many want that function, must likely the devs themselves, besides the chance is big that you easily can turn that off.

I think that SomePlayer miss some functions that the version MohammadAG are working on, not sure.
As long as its able to turn it off I wouldn't mind,

I just dont see how it would be effective to have the desktop auto rotating :s

Would we have to setup our icons and widgets in portrait and landscape and then it would rearrange them for us?

I would love to see a portrait task switcher though!

Also what does SomePlayer lack? I have found it does everything and more that you would need from a MusicPlayer. For movies you wouldnt watch them in portrait anyways so I would stick to mplayer or the default MediaPlayer.

Does any of the devs know if its possible to allow more then one mail for exchange running? Currently the N900 supports only 1 which is pretty useless :/

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by towhatend View Post
They are working on it and MohammadAG are working on a (from some screenshots) a really well looking Media Player that may replace the standard one that will work well in portrait.
At least it works

Nokia's mediaplayer is the second thumbnail next to XChat, mine is the one on the second row, under XChat.
Nokia's Media Player shows Information not available sometimes, while mine's working fine (shows how shitty their code is )

And a random image of MafwPlaylist working:

Though I still need to figure out how to assign a playlist after a reboot.

P.S About updates, was sick the last two days so haven't been on a lot, I'll try to push an update tomorrow I guess.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2011-03-05 at 20:36.

The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Just my tuppence-worth.

It's awesome having the additional desktops in a upgradable way (thankyouthankyouthankyou), but I'd really like to try the non-linear arrangements (in particular 2x4 & 3x3). Is there a way that this is currently possible in the CSSU? If not I'll throw it in as a request. Just thinking up some nice backgrounds that might not loop so well, but would look awesome in a wider set of tiled desktops.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
At least it works

Nokia's mediaplayer is the second thumbnail next to XChat, mine is the one on the second row, under XChat.
Nokia's Media Player shows Information not available sometimes, while mine's working fine (shows how shitty their code is )

And a random image of MafwPlaylist working:

Though I still need to figure out how to assign a playlist after a reboot.

P.S About updates, was sick the last two days so haven't been on a lot, I'll try to push an update tomorrow I guess.
MAG

Get well soon.

Your media player is looking awesome as expected, how close are you to completing the project, days or weeks away?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Oh, and when it comes to the media player, aside from portrait mode, offhand the only major thing missing for my use cases is built-in editing of file metadata for MP3s, Oggs, etc. That'd be awesome.

Perhaps some kind of simple shoutcast browser might be useful too, for finding web radio stations.

It'd also be kinda cool to add in more formats, a-la Winamp plugins. I'd like to be able to play things like C64 SID files via the media player, but I've no idea how it manages it's codecs. I know the OGG Support package does that, so perhaps it's nothing you need to concern yourself with (and something I should look into myself), but worth an ask.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
MAG are(was) you thinking about merge this player with SomePlayer? I know SomePlayr doesn´t support some stuffs, but it is imho good piece of code.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Please check the bug list before asking "anybody else having the same problem?"

http://j.mp/communityssu-bugs

In particular, #11961 and #11861 both seem relevant and could do with more info to try and narrow it down.
Yes, thank you! This is the bug.I can reproduce the first bug almost 9/10 while having a skype call and try to check my emails.Almost instantly the email client crashes.Not so much on when I browse (maybe 1/10) and 3/10 when I try to play a video file and check emails.Hopefully it will be fixed in future updates

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade