Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Perhaps you should just smash it and then get one of those flashy "FAST" Android or Apple phones that pretend to not have lag.

If all you got on it is the default software, then what is the point in having the N900 in the first place? Have you upgraded the firmware or installed the latest CSSU update?
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by bulelet View Post
why must it behave like a pc, i have nothing on it from devel. WHY.
It's quite strange if you've latest firmware installed.

What is your firmware version? (Setting->About Product)

Also, you'd like to post the output of the following two commands for our further investigation:

Code:
maemo-list-user-packages
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list

Last edited by 9000; 2011-03-07 at 00:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
well the iphone 3gs runs at 600mhz and its pretty fluid.
Just a note from a long time iPhone user -- the iPhone is only fluid if you don't push it too hard. Try loading, say, 1000 photos onto one, and then scroll through the thumbnails. It'll only scroll smoothly if you go slow enough for it -- go too fast, and it'll force you to wait while it reloads ram.

And it isn't all that tough to cause an iPhone to crash, either; I tried receiving an e-mail that had a very large photo as an attachment (I don't recall exactly how large, but it was in the multi-megapixel size), and the phone locked up hard.

These machines are little computers. If you don't like the idea of managing how you use your little computer, you'd be better off with a product like the iPhone, featuring an environment so restrictive that it is almost impossible to perform a task that might tax the machine's abilities. But don't expect it to work perfectly even then...

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
smash my phone.
i just woke up, turned it on, and its laggy. just lagging all the way.

why must it behave like a pc, i have nothing on it from devel. WHY.

a clean phone software wise and its lagging. WHY.
why cant it just work like its supposed to.

just wanna share my little rant with all of you there i know some people experiences this too.
i still like my phone anyways.

ok off to reboot.
You're not alone. The N900 is an undisputed piece of c**p by today's standards only loved by a few Linux geeks. Glad Nokia killed maemo/meego, it was going nowhere.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
You're not alone. The N900 is an undisputed piece of c**p by today's standards only loved by a few Linux geeks. Glad Nokia killed maemo/meego, it was going nowhere.
Why are you on this forum then? If the N900 was a piece of c**p and going nowhere why would there be 69 398 106 downloads of applications? Who on earth is downloading all those applications and why?

So little do you know - Nokia have not killed off Maemo or Meego. In fact Meego is coming to Nokia in April.

Honestly, your negativity is not welcome here!
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
69 398 106 downloads of applications? Who on earth is downloading all those applications and why?
Majority of which are either abandonware or junk.

I would like to see the source for those statistics. I have come across very few apps that do not fulfill their intentions, and most seem to be actively maintained, or at least as well as one might expect from apps being developed in their authors' spare time.

Really? Because I have dozens of apps on my N900 and every single one is useful and most are maintained regularly. The ones that arent functioned very well the day they were released.

But hey don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant ... please tell me more.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
This is not the first topicwhere I have noticed you spewing your uninformed and useless crap. When will this site introduce an ignore button to keep these posts free from negative opinionated rubbish like the stuff that you post?
It is hard enough for users to have to search through dross to sorry for being off topic.
Mart 5.1

Good to see we have our own group of hateful posters spewing crap. Nokia hasn't killed anything, fortunately, only made bad business decisions (repeatedly.)

As for the OP's problems, I haven't had anything nearly like that since PR1.3 was released.

Tags
dual core ftw, its a brick, just shoot me, like we care?, unbrickable