Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
I use gmail:

Mail server: smtp.gmail.com

Port: 587

(works great for me)

In password put your email password.
in my case i tried many ports with server"smtp.gmail.com"

not a single mail i recived on my gmail account

now i wonder if smscon can upload all the info to some sites and sends a link via sms??????????

email with pic is not working its only black pic show in my mail id any solution

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Saturn has pointed me to this post (thanks!). A real-life succes story for SMSCON!

Due to lack of time & other reasons I wasn't present on this forum for some time.

I have version 0.8 almost ready (needs testing & some adaptation in SMSCON-editor before release). An alarm sound will be added (by users request) and some changes in sending SMS & email will be implemented...

More news to come soon...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to digitalvoid For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thank you for this great application. I've now installed it and it seems to run rather well. How much can I expect the battery to drain, since the SMScon-daemon is on from restart?

Also, a minor bug that I noticed whilst in SMSCon Editor : the password-field in SSH is too short. I tried to use my 15-letter password, only 14 letters were kept. So that might be something that could/should/would be improved?

I also noticed, that the Location seems to take rather long? Turns out, that I had not applied the Ovi Maps service yet, so that's why it didn't seem to finish. Worked fine after that.

Also, the commands don't seem to work for me with applied prefix. E.g.

Code:
smscon PRE_Check
I just get "unknown option (PRE_Status).

Again, thanks. And yes, the success story got me into using this application.

PS: The reverse-SSH should be available more visibly. I found it from the Wiki but not a word of it from the Editor.

Last edited by rantom; 2011-03-07 at 10:34. Reason: Cleaning.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
is there anyone guide how use ssh (i am a noob) i test email with many smtp but did not work me(i use google) how to use(or configure) ssh now ??????
EDIT; i use open ssh(all i know about ssh) (but it needs wifi and does not work on 3g)

Last edited by nicholes; 2011-03-07 at 10:30.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Sorry I did not read the last 71 pages. I just installed smscon based on a success story in another thread. So, i just set it, configured and tested. Awesome app! A few suggestions though,
The first tone/vibration on sms receipt may be unavoidable but can't the notification be hidden from the phone? This way the theif can't see the commands that we send to the phone?
Secondly, I use phone speaker switch and on call command, the phone goes onto speaker mode and the theif can easily get notified. Can we configure smscon to disable smscon if required?

BTW, if these have been answered before, I am sorry. If so, i am willing to go back and read through the posts.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
The first tone/vibration on sms receipt may be unavoidable but can't the notification be hidden from the phone? This way the theif can't see the commands that we send to the phone?.
One must remember that smscon can not replace the human factor and what seems useful in one case is destructive in another.

Imagine that someone else would send a "trackon" command to you and you wouldn't even notice it?

My recommendation: simply use "human engineering" and set your commands to appear like spam.
e.g.: "Party tonight in ..."

Like this you would be the only one who knows what that SMS really means while the common thief wouldn't suspect anything.

Don't forget to keep a list of your modified commands somewhere safe.

To this matter. patient is also an important factor.
In most cases it wouldn't be the thief that would use the phone but an innocent person who would buy it on ebay.
In my case I think that the fact that the person felt that I actually can follow him played a role in my favor.

lovely greetings

The Following User Says Thank You to bugfix178 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
just two suggestion!
1>As we all know mail sever or port are creating problem for us! And the result

>>>>email does not work for many of us<<<< (including me)
and most Amazing thing in smscon is

"taking picture of the thief"
so my qustion is Can smscon take picture of the thief and upload it to some site and sends the link through sms????(i think this will surly work and easy also as compared to the email)
2> smscon should have an auto answer feature for a particular number. and ringtone should be silent for the number, thus when phone is theft, we can call the thief and phone will start spying and we can hear what is happening around the thief! and thus we can get more info about him

http://imagebin.org/
....could be a place for uploading pics as anonymous and then just send the link via SMS.

But as well as EMail, it needs working Internet access.
But yes, Email needs abit more - access to smtp server from that Internet access settings and many smtp-servers accept post connections only from their local network (same site).

Hi, just a quick question, I don't feel like reading 71 pages.

What would be really great as an option is a setting that tells the N900 that if a new SIM card gets put in the N900 would automatically send me an email and SMS/MMS with GPS info, photo from both cameras and especially the number of the new SIM.

Is this possible?