Active Topics

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Right-O! No interruptions

Thanks!
Ejas
Hey,

I have done a fair bit of work on the wiki. Please have a look here and let me know what you think so far, tell me if there's anything you don't like or if there's something specific you want me to add

I WANT feedback :P

Here is a list of what I haven't done yet, but will definitely finish it all off by the weekend at the very latest :P

1. How to create IM files for themes that don't include them
2. Finish the "how to install a theme" section
3. How to edit your themes in order to support portrait viewing
4. Rename themes and if possible, provide a screenshot for each theme

Number 4 is going to be the time consuming one so most likely, that won't be finished till the weekend.

Please lemme know whether you like the progress so far and anything you want me to change

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Hey,

I have done a fair bit of work on the wiki. Please have a look here and let me know what you think so far, tell me if there's anything you don't like or if there's something specific you want me to add

Here is a list of what I haven't done yet, but will definitely finish it all off by the weekend at the very latest :P

Number 4 is going to be the time consuming one so most likely, that won't be finished till the weekend.

Please lemme know whether you like the progress so far and anything you want me to change

it's looking really good, something to add, instead of opening and close a conversation several times to see new mod, each time you replace the html folder just type in terminal

Code:
killall rtcom-messaging-ui
that resets completely the conversation app

The Following User Says Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Harick View Post
it's looking really good, something to add, instead of opening and close a conversation several times to see new mod, each time you replace the html folder just type in terminal

Code:
killall rtcom-messaging-ui
that resets completely the conversation app
Ill add that to it now

Thanks

EDIT: I have added that to the wiki

Last edited by godofwar424; 2011-03-08 at 00:11.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hey,

You sir, are the MAN!!!
It's looking good now. I have a few suggestions:
a. The themes sections, can it be made into a table with column like
Name || Author || Descriptions || Portrait Mode (yes/no) || Link ||
What do you think?
b. I think instead of making this wiki page a long one, the info about modding themes can be made into a different page that will be linked to from the main one? The main one can have just introduction, info about installing themes, backing up/restoring and links to themes.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-03-08 at 07:58.

This is great! been looking for this mod...
thanx

@Harick

Hi Harick, I'm using your "Customizable" theme and this morning I found a little problem. When I receive a message that contains a link or an e-mail address the text is unreadable. I'm posting here a screenshot. I think it is necessary to change the text color. Where can I do this? In the CSS or JS file?

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
You sir, are the MAN!!!
It's looking good now. I have a few suggestions:
a. The themes sections, can it be made into a table with column like
Name || Author || Descriptions || Portrait Mode (yes/no) || Link ||
What do you think?
b. I think instead of making this wiki page a long one, the info about modding themes can be made into a different page that will be linked to from the main one? The main one can have just introduction, info about installing themes, backing up/restoring and links to themes.
Well the wiki formatting isn't the nicest thing to play around with but I am slowly learning how to use it

I want the themes to each show a screenshot and sum brief information, so I will mess around with it a little bit and see what I can come up with. The table idea is what I was thinking of as well :P

When im done ill post a lil message asking ya to check it out

As for the length of the wiki page. It doesnt really matter due to the ability to create sections with sub-sections

The contents at the top allows you to select and view different sections/sub-sections and you can also provide links to indivdual sections and sub-sections

For example :

wiki.maemo.org/Conversations ------ this can be a main page

wiki.maemo.org/Conversations#Installation ------- this will link directly to the Installation section of the Conversations wiki.

ps. Those are not real links! Just a demo of what I mean :P

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Well the wiki formatting isn't the nicest thing to play around with but I am slowly learning how to use it

I want the themes to each show a screenshot and sum brief information, so I will mess around with it a little bit and see what I can come up with. The table idea is what I was thinking of as well :P

When im done ill post a lil message asking ya to check it out

As for the length of the wiki page. It doesnt really matter due to the ability to create sections with sub-sections

The contents at the top allows you to select and view different sections/sub-sections and you can also provide links to indivdual sections and sub-sections

For example :

wiki.maemo.org/Conversations ------ this can be a main page

wiki.maemo.org/Conversations#Installation ------- this will link directly to the Installation section of the Conversations wiki.

ps. Those are not real links! Just a demo of what I mean :P
Good luck buddy. Tell me when you're ready.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by illo1977 View Post
@Harick

Hi Harick, I'm using your "Customizable" theme and this morning I found a little problem. When I receive a message that contains a link or an e-mail address the text is unreadable. I'm posting here a screenshot. I think it is necessary to change the text color. Where can I do this? In the CSS or JS file?

I don't use that theme but I have made my own theme for Conversations. Been tested it and practically usual without issues.

You can change the colour in html and CSS. Make a class value and then assigning it to the history of MessageOther area. Add the class name to the list and remove the defaultfontcolor.

Very easy.Or use my theme it's at the bottom of the wiki themes list. MoonLight

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Thank I'll try once at home

Tags
bada rox, his lunchbox