Active Topics

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
just wanted to share this with everyone
i recently flashed my phone including the emmc
and loaded the phone with all the same apps(which is a lot) and all the data which was about 23 gb

for what ever reason battery seems to last at least 6 hrs longer with the exact same usage

anyone else experience some thing longer

cheers

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
So whats your total time now?
If you would have made a backup with the backup menu beforehand, it would be easy to really compare it.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
My battery life also gets longer after flashing.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
is this because you previously had upgraded using patches rather than flashing from scratch?

IIRC, the from-scratch flash image is more efficient in some way due to using pre-linked binaries?

or, possibly, you didn't restore all your mail, IM and SIP accounts which keep the n900 awake whenever it polls the servers?

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
OP- what was your avg battery life before and then after the flash? You have heightened my curiosity.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
well my phone with no usage... just idle used to last 16 hrs.. it lasts abt 22 now(mind u only on idle)

dont no if this is low or high but i have 20 shortcuts on 2 desktops..
what about yours

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
I get pretty decent battery life OC to 850....moderate use (40-60min music, sporadic emails, a few phone calls, a few hours surfing on wif). That'll give me about 7a to 11p...so 16 hours. Always connected to gsm/2.5g or wifi with skype im logged in. I have never kept my hands off the phone long enough to do an idle test ;-)

3 desktops with multiple shortcuts...only widgets are calendar, media player and homescreen dockbar (on all 3) and mycontacts.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
I also have the same experience in the past I only has the screen at 3/5 brightness, but now after a recent emmc flash I use it on full brightness, average time is from 7am till about10pm with a few phone calls, major texting and a little bit of browsing the web (30mins). Not overclocked.

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!