I am using HBH-205 with my n900. It works great. Lasts me close to 8 hours. The only problem is the charger, it is proprietary, cant be charged from usb port easily.

Hi,

Just want to add a problem I am facing with Bluetooth or general speaker sound is that, if I am making a call in SIP or Skype, both are not transfering to Bluetooth and Speaker mode.

Is there any solution as I am using SIP alot.

Regards,
Kooki

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Greece
Originally Posted by kooki View Post
Hi,

Just want to add a problem I am facing with Bluetooth or general speaker sound is that, if I am making a call in SIP or Skype, both are not transfering to Bluetooth and Speaker mode.

Is there any solution as I am using SIP alot.

Regards,
Kooki
does that mean you hear everything from both the headset AND the speakers?!?!
that's exotic...
did you try a reboot AND a removal + pairing of the headset?

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I had a SE MW-600, too. And I had the same issues while reconnecting. So I created a Bug report: Bug 11916

Sadly, the headset was also defect. (the amplifier whooshed after some hours and this was annojng in quiet passages) So I sent it back to Amazon as long as I was able to do. Sadly, I missed in the chaos after the 11.2. a question from Andre Klapper at my Bug report.

Could someone with a MW-600 help to fix this bug?

There are two different logs that would be useful. The first is bluetoothd
debug logs and the second is a HCI-level trace.

For the first you'd need to:

1. install the klogd and sysklogd debian packages (and probably reboot the
device afterwards)
2. after booting and before doing anything with bluetooth do "killall -USR2
bluetoothd" (as root) to enable bluetoothd debug logs
3. after reproducing the issue "grep bluetoothd /var/log/syslog >
bluetoothd-log.txt" and attach the file here.

For a HCI trace do:

1. install the bluez-hcidump debian package
2. (as root) run "hcidump -B -w hci-trace.log while reproducing the issue
3. attach the hci-trace.log (or whatever filename you chose) here

See http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/devtools/maemo5 for more information on
how to install the requested packages.
It would be great if someone could help!

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany, near Hamburg
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Could someone with a MW-600 help to fix this bug?
It would be great if someone could help!
I will try but what exactly is there to reproduce?
I have to delete the MW-600 and add it as a new BT device to get it playing throu it again. Is that what I have to reproduce?

EDIT: I read the bugreport and it seems that someone else already sent a log. Would it make sense if I send mine too?
Also Helmuth in the bugreport you said you do a reconnect with a script could you explain that ?

Last edited by CutterSlade; 2011-02-23 at 18:25.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
I have the MW-600 also, which is a great product, works flawlessly with every phone and computer...except the n900.
I just got back from a walk with the baby carrier in town, it is damned cold here in sweden so fiddling with bluetooth menus is really painful, taking off the gloves is not a funny thing. Fingers get numb quite fast, in the end I even dropped the cursed thing on the icy ground.

One really doesn't know from time to time what's gonna happen when you turn on the headset and activate bluetooth on the N900, whether the sound still will come from the n900 speakers or from the headset, it seems to be different every time. Even if they are paired and connected, turned on in different orders etc. And then suddenly a call come in and then for some reason the sound switches over to the n900 speakers...but not every time. What the hell is this? I think I've had trouble with using the headset nearly every time, it's terribly irritating.

After my experience today I've really had it with the Bluetooth and A2DP support in the n900. My carkit (SE, HCB-105) is STILL useless with the n900, it's just choppy sound and some incomprehensible robotic voice that comes out with acoustic feedback.

I have a strange love-hate relationship with the N900, because I love the concept and the community, but the implementation from Nokia is a joke. I don't know how the hell they test their products, there's just too many countless strange effects and bugs in their latest products, so I'm not surprised they are running into trouble. The N8 was supposed to be their flagship and the launch of the third symbian, but what happened to their support with that device? The updates are really sparse and takes ages before they arrive. I should never have recommended my wife to buy it. It's so full of bugs, even bugs that prevent it from installing updates. It has to be power cycled quite frequently for different reasons, different applications hang, the touch screen freezes and you name it.

And now they go for Microsoft's new DRM-drenched version of Windows Mobile. Are they insane???
They go from one score to another and never hitting the bullseye, then they give up and move to something else. How about fixing things and satisfy the customers instead?

They loose old customers, that's what's gonna happen. Myself included.

Rant over.

Last edited by Larswad; 2011-02-26 at 07:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
My work-around for the MW-600 is to have the headset part selected to be paired with something else and just use the MW-600 for music, it seems to work fine like this, once it is working like this it does seem to carry on working once the headset pairing is switched back to the N900, but I don't often use it for taking calls, so I don't always bother.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
@retsaw: I don't get that. I want to do the same, I'm not really interested in using it for taking calls, only music.
But once the headset is paired and then connected, how can I force it not to use the headset for taking calls, isn't that what it does by default?
What do you mean with "something else"? Connected with two devices at the same time?
Sorry for being dumb...but please elaborate.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by CutterSlade View Post
EDIT: I read the bugreport and it seems that someone else already sent a log. Would it make sense if I send mine too?
Sorry for my late answer. Had not very much time the last days.

I would say no. Lets wait for a answer from the developers... I hope we'll get one.

Originally Posted by CutterSlade View Post
Also Helmuth in the bugreport you said you do a reconnect with a script could you explain that ?
Not really, I've copied it from this Post here in this threat. It worked as described but was not very comfortable.

I already sent my MW600 back to amazon as long as I was able to. Additionally to the connecting problems I had a low rustle at the ear plugs. I would say the amplifer was defect.

But it's anyway a great device. I would buy one again as soon as we have a solution for this bug. But as far as I know the Bluetooth stack is closed source at Maemo. So perhaps this will get fixed at the Harmattan Device this autumn.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany, near Hamburg
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
@retsaw: [...] how can I force it not to use the headset for taking calls[...]?
Press and hold the accept call button until a little phone appears and then select a different device than your N900 (little cellphone symbol) with the touch sensitive volume control. If you have no other devices just pair it to something like an older phone or PC.

The Following User Says Thank You to CutterSlade For This Useful Post: