Closed Thread
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
can we get the "orientation lock" status menu entry in different language?
Is there any thhing I can do to translate it to german ?
It's hard coded. You could translate and compile it yourself, if you want.

Modest crashes seem to have stopped for now. I dare try even open modest in case I get the constant crashing again :P

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Question:

The changelog says the bug has been fixed to enable 9 desktops and it worked at one point but now i still can only choose 4. Is this just a problem for me or did i miss that it's still a bug?

jim_0068 you can
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install --reinstall hildon-home
reboot

I just updated to the newest version.

When I go to modify my internet connections (settings->internet connections) it defaults to portrait mode even if I am holding my phone in landscape mode. If I physically rotate the phone to portrait and then back to landscape it fixes the issues, but as soon as I hit next it reverts back to portrait.

edit: Infact this appears to be happening for all settings.

edit2: But it only happens when I have the phone application open in the background.

Originally Posted by couldvbb View Post
jim_0068 you can
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install --reinstall hildon-home
reboot
which hildon-desktop vesion will it install? the nokia default one or the cssu one?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
which hildon-desktop vesion will it install? the nokia default one or the cssu one?
This solution has been posted about four times recently. Read the responses to the other postings if you want more info. It does what you want.

Is there a way for the CSSU to have a HTC like desktop when you lets say double top it will show all the desktop on the screen? that would really be a cool features to have.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
This solution has been posted about four times recently. Read the responses to the other postings if you want more info. It does what you want.
thanks ill check it out

Originally Posted by Garcel View Post
Is there a way for the CSSU to have a HTC like desktop when you lets say double top it will show all the desktop on the screen? that would really be a cool features to have.
errr.... doesn't the regular multi-tasking view already do that? If your talking about mapping a hardware key to initiate the view, i guess using 'shortcutd' or one of the other hardware key daemon mapping editors.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade