Notices

Poll: WHAT BROWSER ARE YOU USING
Poll Options
WHAT BROWSER ARE YOU USING

Agreed MicroB can do what other browsers cant.

Opera on the other hand is very good when it comes to economical browsing, features (read that TAB, plugins etc), page rendering, VKB etc.

One question: If MicroB uses the same engine as the firefox does, why does Firefox lag so much, why havent their engineers come closer to MicroB in terms of performance?

Last edited by anismistry; 2011-03-11 at 02:37.

please any technical minds comment

I have all 3 installed and find there's pros and cons with them all.
MicroB has problems with rendering, and plugins are not as readily available. Adblock+ is a pain to set up and sometimes forgets how to do it's job. But it is the faster browser of all 3.

Firefox has a strange and quirky interface, which can be pretty confusing at times. Still under development, so anything could happen. Slow and laggy most of the time, but on a plus, plugins install just like the desktop version and the plugins library is growing.

Opera is way faster than FF in rendering/displaying pages, but still lets a lot of mobile pages through. Nice interface, and a cracking virtual keyboard. I want it for the N900 default. Even though it's smaller it's pretty easy to use.

Someone needs to take the best bits of each one and stitch them together to make THE best mobile browser out there.

Just looking at the poll results, and see that Opera is ahead of Firefox.
I'm guessing this could be down to both speed and the interface.
I don't know why Firefox has such speed issues, but it's the same on the desktop version. Sometimes scrolling through pages will be like a slideshow. Could be down to the way Firefox implements Flash content (seems worse on heavily Flashed sites).

If you type about:config in the URL of the MicroB can anyone change the rendering from those values.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Just looking at the poll results, and see that Opera is ahead of Firefox.
I'm guessing this could be down to both speed and the interface.
I don't know why Firefox has such speed issues, but it's the same on the desktop version. Sometimes scrolling through pages will be like a slideshow. Could be down to the way Firefox implements Flash content (seems worse on heavily Flashed sites).
Does Flash work in FF, how?

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Thailand
I use two out of the list.
MicroB is for powerful desktop-like browsing with flash support.
Opera is for economic browsing and faster looking up for something.

BTW, sometime it's just a little bit emotional choosing...

Not all content will display, but I've seen some of the older, simpler stuff working. I suppose it's down to the lack of Flash 10.x.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
Does Flash work in FF, how?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69206

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Poll says half using Opera, thats good
that means atleast the other half do not use opera at all.

Interesting

Tags
bada rox