Closed Thread
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Italy
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
There are various themes created and uploaded in this thread, that is formatted to work perfectly in portrait mode. eg: this
i was sure i was missing something!!
thanks man!!

Main desktop can be forced to portrait, but is currently useless.

Conversations app now works perfectly in portrait mode in CSSU with forced rotation enabled.
When in portrait mode on the Single SMS view. The buttons at the bottom are completely off the screen.

It should have Delete/Copy/Forward but in portrait it only has Copy/Forward and part of the Copy button is cut off..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Does anybody have a fix for the constant Modest crashes?

Even when there is no connection to the internet Modest keeps trying to open and then I keep getting the Internal Error messages.

My email accounts are set to Manual send/recieve so there is NO reason for modest to even open..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

I made a few changes in theme customiser and now the z axis rotation and forced rotation does not seem to work. only the phone app rotates and that too in x-y axis.. the transitions.ini file is still the edited one. The blurlessness still works as well.

is it a bug or am i missing something?

Main desktop can be forced to portrait, but is currently useless.
maybe it would be easier to get just the icons to rotate?
It's tough handling the device in the bus..

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
as someone already said the update is causing a boldness in some part of some letters in some places. Also default font of xterm seems to get larger, font in text box of opera seems bit taller(thinner) and pixelated. don't know how it used to be previously but in yahoo smtp, mail is sent according to modest but actually not sent. seems like yahoo free smtp does not works anymore.

Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Mate,

Install DrLaunch. This will allow you to have Icons for Apps that auto rotate

My Contributions

Originally Posted by di1in View Post
The Icons has been done with Dr. Launch

But maybe the possibility of just rotating the widgets and icons when the phone is in portrait mode.

Then the taskbar can either stay in its Landscape view or switch to the top??

Are portrait swivveling widgets a possiblity? This would give us a semi usable portrait hildon desktop

OFC atm forcing Hildon-Desktop into portrait mode cuts off half the screen and the bottom of the screen isn't used. So some way to moving the right part that's cut off to the bottom would have to be done.

Then we could just arrange our icons so they work in both portrait and landscape. This would be the first sorta step for a use-able portrait Hildon-Desktop

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2011-03-12 at 16:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
i'm having a small problem, a bug .
i now switched to fast transitions, i had ultra fast ones, changed it in the transitions tuner that come with theme customizer .
but since than when i click back in an app (top right corner) hildon-desktop zooms in but doesn't zoom out when i remove my finger from the screen, and stays like that .
it only hapens when i click the back burtton in apps .
i tried changing the theme, rebootingp taking of battery for mpre than 30 sec but with no luck .
so does anyone knows how can i fix this problem ?

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
i'm having a small problem, a bug .
i now switched to fast transitions, i had ultra fast ones, changed it in the transitions tuner that come with theme customizer .
but since than when i click back in an app (top right corner) hildon-desktop zooms in but doesn't zoom out when i remove my finger from the screen, and stays like that .
it only hapens when i click the back burtton in apps .
i tried changing the theme, rebootingp taking of battery for mpre than 30 sec but with no luck .
so does anyone knows how can i fix this problem ?
Since last CSSU update I've also suffered occasional "stucked" zoom on press. I recall that the update changed the zoom behaviour so that it will return once you lift the finger, but it seems to bug sometimes.

I preferred the "old" zoom when tapped -style. It never bugged once.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade