Closed Thread
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I'll revert it in the next update until it's more "stable"

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
A feature request..
Can the rotation be like this :
When Keyboard closed , System wide portrait irrespective of what application we are using ( except for the task manager i guess )
When keyboard open, System wide landscape..

Can it be included somehow?
or a feature in PowerButton Menu : like" Lock Orientation to Keyboard "

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
as someone already said the update is causing a boldness in some part of some letters in some places. Also default font of xterm seems to get larger, font in text box of opera seems bit taller(thinner) and pixelated. don't know how it used to be previously but in yahoo smtp, mail is sent according to modest but actually not sent. seems like yahoo free smtp does not works anymore.
Yahoo smtp isn't working right for me, though it was a week or so ago. I thought I was just dumb

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I'll revert it in the next update until it's more "stable"
thanks mate, it looks like the next update is a big update
well we hope it gets stable soon, and thanks for your efforts, after a year since i got my n900, its only getting better .

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Would it be possible for CSSU to give us new flash?

Also, will it eventually work with all themes (i mean like portrait conversations etc) or only particular ones?

Last edited by richwhite; 2011-03-13 at 02:47.

I made a few changes in theme customiser and now the z axis rotation and forced rotation does not seem to work. only the phone app rotates and that too in x-y axis.. the transitions.ini file is still the edited one. The blurlessness still works as well.

is it a bug or am i missing something?

The Following User Says Thank You to di1in For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
Since last CSSU update I've also suffered occasional "stucked" zoom on press. I recall that the update changed the zoom behaviour so that it will return once you lift the finger, but it seems to bug sometimes.

I preferred the "old" zoom when tapped -style. It never bugged once.
I'm having the same stuck zoom-in issue. It seems the desktop doesn't detect the un-press and it leaves it zoomed in, sometimes, depending on system load apparently.

I think the zoom-in effect could be further configurable:
a) turned off by default.
b) follow finger press as it currently is, but fixed.
c) on finger press, zoom in, then zoom out regardless of finger within 100-200ms; perhaps not up to the current zoom of 1% (10 steps of .1 if I read the source correctly).
d) make it zoom in-out-in-out in a wobbly way, but more subtle; like 0.5% in, out, 0.2% in, out. Like the finger hitting a watery surface of sorts.

I had the intent of digging into the source, but boy, is it complicated... so many layers of APIs, gtk, clutter, hildon, etc. and I'm just a hardware dev.

The Following User Says Thank You to saned For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Philadelphia
With the latest CSSU, I noticed an interesting behavior. With the orientation-lock, upon receiving a call the orientation stayed in landscape, but the Phone app still changed into it's portrait layout! This resulted in the answer button being stretched out, and the reject button was cut off below the edge of the screen. This happened while I was listening to music with the (Nokia) Media Player, perhaps related. Not a major problem, just a curious glitch

Love the CSSU, thanks everyone for developing and/or testing it!

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by flailingmonkey View Post
With the latest CSSU, I noticed an interesting behavior. With the orientation-lock, upon receiving a call the orientation stayed in landscape, but the Phone app still changed into it's portrait layout! This resulted in the answer button being stretched out, and the reject button was cut off below the edge of the screen. This happened while I was listening to music with the (Nokia) Media Player, perhaps related. Not a major problem, just a curious glitch

Love the CSSU, thanks everyone for developing and/or testing it!
Same problem with browser. It is probably going to be pretty hard to fix, because they don't care about the screen rotation and they are closed source Hopefully I'm wrong.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Same problem with browser. It is probably going to be pretty hard to fix, because they don't care about the screen rotation and they are closed source Hopefully I'm wrong.
microB if am correct already supports rotation. you need to enable it from settings of microb

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade