Active Topics

Originally Posted by ovekaaven View Post
Once you've created a working XML file for your country, you could post it so it can be included in future versions.
Here is the content of a working XML file (dk.xml) for Denmark:
Code:
<config>
  <directory>
    <query>http://www.krak.dk/person/resultat/</query>
    <name>
      <find class="fn n"/>
    </name>
  </directory>
</config>

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
This is what I was thinking of www.trapcall.com they have 2 services one is free service Flytrap an the other is a paid service Beartrap; but they actually reveal blocked id's, which if you could build that into your would be Awesome!!!

Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
This is what I was thinking of www.trapcall.com they have 2 services one is free service Flytrap an the other is a paid service Beartrap; but they actually reveal blocked id's, which if you could build that into your would be Awesome!!!
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10166455-94.html

It appears they accomplish unmasking not with their program, but by asking you to forward all your calls through their toll-free service, thereby exploiting loopholes in your carrier's policies. Operating such a service would cost money, of course.

So this is not possible with my program (but maybe not necessary either - I'm guessing that if you get a TrapCall subscription and manage to set up call forwarding to it, then the N900, and hence my program, would probably see the unmasked number once it receives the rerouted call, depending on how they do it).

Cool link thanks for that, it's been many years since I used it was a beta tester and I forgot about the conditional calling set up. I always thought it was some database they used to find the number and then redirect the call back to you. Still would be a cool feature if you could add it to your app, without the subsription fees.

Anyone got a good config file for North America

This could be a great app keep up the good work.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I installed this but still don't know how it works. I received calls but nothing showed up besides the number of the caller or the number of the caller. Nothing new. I am doing something wrong?

What XML file are you using?

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
What XML file are you using?
I live in the USA so I guess there is no need for me to modify any xml file. Is that correct? Do we have add an xml file for each and every country codes, states codes and county codes?

I've just uploaded callerid 0.3 to extras-devel, with some new features.

* Now able to show addresses, if you use <address>.
* Added numbering plan database for North America. If anyone in USA or Canada calls you, you'll know in what city they live. (Nobody has yet provided a directory config file for North America, though, so you still won't know their name and street address...)
* Now tries to find the phone number in the N900's own addressbook first. If it's there, don't bother showing the caller's identity, since the phone's own call dialog would be good enough. However, if there's a note in the contact, show that instead (suggested by ejasmudar)

I've edited my original post to explain how to add address and numbering plan support for your country.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ovekaaven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
I live in the USA so I guess there is no need for me to modify any xml file. Is that correct? Do we have add an xml file for each and every country codes, states codes and county codes?
Someone needs to create an xml file. Whether volunteers have to create a separate config for every state, or if it's possible to get away with a single config for the whole country, is something only the Americans themselves would know, I wouldn't know.

But as I've said before, it only takes one volunteer to create something that might work for every other American. Similarly for all other countries.

Also, in response to your other question: Though I generally don't answer questions that people could answer themselves by actually reading my first post, I'll repeat here that the program does not yet start automatically. Once it's installed, you must either come up with something to autostart it in the background (like how MohammadAG suggested), or just do it the way I recommend for testing: go to a terminal, type "callerid --daemon", and keep that terminal window open forever. The terminal will then show errors and diagnostic output when someone calls, kind of like a log.

I'll add something to autostart the program in the background once I'm sure the program is stable enough, and that the diagnostic output isn't needed anymore.

Last edited by ovekaaven; 2011-03-14 at 00:12.

this ist the code from Switzerland ch.xml for Caller Name and Adress

PHP Code:
<config>
<
directory>
<
query>http://tel.search.ch/?tel=</query>
<name>
<
find class="fn"/>
</
name>