Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
long story short installed power kernel 46 realised my mistake so uninstalled it with these instructions
http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#Deinstallation

tried re-booting and it went into re-boot loop. right going to have to flash it.
started maemo flasher up and went to reflash emmc typed in code flasher said waiting for suitable device
usb device found.

NOLO version1.4.14
booting device into flash mode
suitable usb device not found, waiting.

and that's the point i'm at....

ps battery is full

Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
long story short installed power kernel 46 realised my mistake so uninstalled it with these instructions
http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#Deinstallation

tried re-booting and it went into re-boot loop. right going to have to flash it.
started maemo flasher up and went to reflash emmc typed in code flasher said waiting for suitable device
usb device found.

NOLO version1.4.14
booting device into flash mode
suitable usb device not found, waiting.

and that's the point i'm at....

ps battery is full
Have you read the wiki page on flashing (google flashing maemo) several OS's can have this issue windows 7 included. The wiki provides some help working around it. I had the exact same issue last time I tried to flash on my win 7 box. The wiki solution helped me get it done.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
will do i'm using xp which i've used before for flashing, i've read the maemo wiki on flashing and even tried fitting battery holding u key and attaching usb it just isn't recognising the n900 also i had installed CSSU beforehand could there be a problem with this and reverting back to the nokia release?

ok i've manged to reflash the kernel with this command
flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F <firmware-image>
now it just sits on the nokia screen and does nothing?

i left my phone for a bit and let myself 'cool down' i then thought sod it and tried flashing firmware again this time it let me and now it's back and running. all my contacts and files are still there as well only things that missing is apps, guess this'll teach me a lesson not to go experimenting. i was gutted when i thought i'd killed my n900 :-/

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
i left my phone for a bit and let myself 'cool down' i then thought sod it and tried flashing firmware again this time it let me and now it's back and running. all my contacts and files are still there as well only things that missing is apps, guess this'll teach me a lesson not to go experimenting. i was gutted when i thought i'd killed my n900 :-/
-lol- i can understand how does it feel as i have been through this effing situation too :P

The Following User Says Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It's not "this is what I get for experimenting". It's "these things happen sometimes." There is nothing wrong with the power kernel 46 -- it's a myth. It is perfectly stable. I think that most people overclocking use it, with good results. If you're going to have fun with your N900 you just have to face the fact that problems can happen and can be difficult to overcome. That's part of the challenge, and part of the fun.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
true i proper felt gutted that i'd killed it, but once i got it up and running again i was chuffed to bits. power 46 was running fine and tbh i wish i'd left it on because once your back on stock you can tell the difference.i'm one of those people that always has to mess around with things, and usually panic when i read something even though things are working fine lol panic over lol

thanks for them encouraging words and that i'm not the only one this happens to guess it's like falling off a horse you've just got to get straight back on.

i followed the wiki every step why would this happen, is it like not all n900's are the same?