Active Topics

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
that the green batteries would climb towards full in the direction of the white that would then decend towards red.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
that the green batteries would climb towards full in the direction of the white that would then decend towards red.
I think that's bad UI. Gauges like that need to be based at the bottom, to be read like thermometers. Anything else is confusing.

ok forget it, seems things are just getting confusing for everyone right now.

New test binaries.
  • fix: reboot from shutdown charging runlevel briefly allowed TK events while still in minimal UI
  • fix: bluetooth, gps, wifi and audio wouldn't fully start if partially started and had to be stopped first
  • fix: bluetooth and wifi should now have the correct state when ASUI is started and not all bt/wifi services are loaded
  • fix: wifi widget should no longer switch to off state between the connecting and connected states
  • fix: main loop would wake 10 times a second while screen was dimmed and ASUI widgets visible
  • fix: hardware flags were only cleared on widget redraws and a battery update would cause process viewer to loop with 100% load
  • bluetooth headset state is now queried on startup
  • listens for shutdown_ind signal instead of polling, minimal UI will be displayed if shutdown issued outside of ASUI
  • refactored polling and redrawing of brightness, volume and battery widgets, flight mode, key repeat, screen stays lit and screen autolock buttons and added 5 second battery widget refresh timer
  • added hide, rotate_left and rotate_right signals
  • asui convenience script now uses run-standalone.sh to prevent dbus problems
  • asui convenience script commands to show or hide ASUI window
  • asui convenience script commands to rotate screen left or right
  • battery statusbar applet now shows charging and battery full notifications

asui uu to upgrade script
asui da to upgrade statusbar applet
asui it to upgrade ASUI

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
advanced-systemui (0.5.0)

Major changes:
  • power button and battery statusbar applets to launch ASUI
  • GTK settings app (launch from secondary widget page)
  • enhanced lock/blank/secure buttons
  • DSP ratio for Diablo Turbo kernel
  • USB widget
  • tons of fixes and enhancements

Changes since last test binary:
  • partial starting/stopping of services no longer starts services already running or stops services that aren't running
  • page indicator in widget edit mode
  • switched all ASUI signals to method calls
  • fix: initializer flag for battery wasn't cleared causing it to be polled every 10 seconds
  • fix: full refresh when mapping asui or waking screen if longer than 10 seconds since last refresh

ASUI is now in the extras-devel repository so you can uninstall mine.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Congrats with getting into extras-devel.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
just a quick note - statusbar applet is awesome. felt totally natural seeing it there.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
I haven't been following the smaller updates, just the versions available in the package manager. This is an amazing update. It's really developing into a wonderful piece of software. I've eliminated most of my status bar applets now.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
I did the install from extras-devel, got error about libxpm4 not available so I downloaded from http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../3.5.6-2osso1/ then dpkg -i libxpm4_3.5.6-2osso1_i386.deb.

Nice app, my N810 keeps on ticking due to the hard work from you all!

Is there a way to set the power button so when the unit is sleep/keys lock, and the button is press for a very short period of time the screen will come on but the keys stay lock? So one can look at the screen to see what time it is or what tune is playing etc.

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
I did the install from extras-devel, got error about libxpm4 not available
Odd, I uninstalled ASUI, libxpm and my repository and it was able to reinstall both. A special repository for libxpm is back on the download page.

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Is there a way to set the power button so when the unit is sleep/keys lock, and the button is press for a very short period of time the screen will come on but the keys stay lock? So one can look at the screen to see what time it is or what tune is playing etc.
No, but this is probably the most requested feature so I'll try really hard to get it into the next release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox