Active Topics

Notices

Carlon, I was having the same issue as you are and decided to try different settings. I looked up the settings for non tmobile phones and found these and they worked.

The bold is what I put in, but if it doesn't work you can try the other wap settings.

Alternate between these different APN settings and see if any of them fix your problem:

APN: wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com or wap.tmobile.com

and double check that you have these other settings in the right place:

Username: leave this blank
Password:leave this blank
MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50
Port Nmber: 8080
MMS UA Prof URL:leave this blank
only change what applies to you and clear the user name and password. I then closed the application after I saved the settings, and then started it back up. Worked just fine after that. I had an old mms in my inbox but I assume it was too old to retrieve, but the one I got today loaded just fine and faster than normal I think.

Best of Luck.

ALi

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Originally Posted by Goliath27 View Post
Carlon, I was having the same issue as you are and decided to try different settings. I looked up the settings for non tmobile phones and found these and they worked.

The bold is what I put in, but if it doesn't work you can try the other wap settings.

only change what applies to you and clear the user name and password. I then closed the application after I saved the settings, and then started it back up. Worked just fine after that. I had an old mms in my inbox but I assume it was too old to retrieve, but the one I got today loaded just fine and faster than normal I think.

Best of Luck.

ALi
thanks a bunch Ali, i'll try it and let you know. One question though, in your /var/lib/gconf/apps/fmms/\%gconf.xml file, scroll down to the part that says <entry name="phone number" etc, just below it says <stringvalue> is the value 0 or it it your phone number, and if its your phone number what format is it in eg. +(country code) xxx-xxxx or just (country code) xxx-xxxx?

Originally Posted by carlon View Post
thanks a bunch Ali, i'll try it and let you know. One question though, in your /var/lib/gconf/apps/fmms/\%gconf.xml file, scroll down to the part that says <entry name="phone number" etc, just below it says <stringvalue> is the value 0 or it it your phone number, and if its your phone number what format is it in eg. +(country code) xxx-xxxx or just (country code) xxx-xxxx?
not sure how to get to that file, can you give me instructions on where I can find it? I'm not the best at this background stuff but I can find it with proper instructions.

ALi

Originally Posted by Goliath27 View Post
not sure how to get to that file, can you give me instructions on where I can find it? I'm not the best at this background stuff but I can find it with proper instructions.

ALi
OK you may need to install a few things if they you don't already have them installed, but don't worry its completely safe;

1. Open the application manager and install rootsh, this is to gain access to the root files on your n900

2. Also install Vim, this is a file editor

3. When these have been installed open the app called x-terminal, you should see a prompt something like this $

4. type: sudo gainroot (this is to access the root, you should see /home/user # )

5. type vim /var/lib/gconf/apps/fmms/\%gconf.xml (that should access the file in question, scroll down and look for the entry in my previous post)

6. to exit the file: tap Esc then :q!

7. you should go back to /home/user #

8. type exit and then close the app.

EDIT: The entry is 0 for the string value.

Sorry, I wrote something wrong and it never gave me the proper stuff you needed till I tried again.

Hope this helps

ALi

Last edited by Goliath27; 2011-03-16 at 00:57.

thanks Ali you've been a big help, i appreciate it, i'll let you know if everything works out

Anytime mate

ALi

Having some problems with my MMS - was working but cant receive any MMS now (although it does send)

Checked my settings and all matches up.

I am on TMobile (UK)

I am wondering if the change is because my operator on my phone now shows T-Mobile Orange???

Hi FP125, you'll have to elaborate a bit more, ie , what were the settings when it was working, the settings now that it's not, error messages etc.

@Ali
Still not able to send but receiving is fine.

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python