Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Only can the TMO community be so self doubting that they quesiton, detract and then defame each other for sharing a story that makes the N900 look slighty positive.

It is for that reason that I think we are a great community. Only through a good balance of optimism and pessimism can we really remain grounded.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hahahahah, I just love how mece's not-really-obscure-meme joke got past everybody. Guy just do a google image search for "This looks shopped, I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite few shops in my time". Man, we really are a bunch of clueless geeks!

BTW, OP, Requesting Permission to Print and Make a poster of that photo in multiple threads/walls, Sir!

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Are you ****ing high switch? Look at the refracted gradient THROUGH the glass, this is clearly a shop, just look at some of the pixels. I can tell, I have seen many shoops of this caliber in my time.
Would you shop a iphone in for me(un-skill noob) please, sounds like you are skill enough to do so

Cheers,

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Accra Ghana
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
Would you shop a iphone in for me(un-skill noob) please, sounds like you are skill enough to do so

Cheers,
Man, that gave me the laughter of the day

Originally Posted by cheve View Post

Cheers,
Can't you guys realise this is just an internet joke ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slackve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Great humour from both sides here ... fishing is fun 'innit?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ India
woohoo, n900 imba

I get it was a 'this looks shopped' joke my mece now. I blame myself for adding credibility to it as being a serious challenge by jumping on it so quick, thus causing other members to miss the joke. It's my fault. My sense of humour appears to be experiencing intermittent failures today... I'm off to look around some shops with the missus.

If I was posting this on The Register I'd include Paris, because she'd recognise a shop when she sees one too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Priceless photo larsoy!

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
I'm glad you enjoyed the pic!

To try to answer your questions:

The stream? The Races were streamed by NRK, Norwegian public broadcaster. It was viewed with KMPlayer and worldtv99 over local WLAN.

Why iStuff failed? I don't really know. But I think they used an NRK iPhone App or something.

Who won (the really important question)? The Women's Sprint Final was won by Marit Bjørgen (Norwegian). The Men's Sprint Final was sadly lost to the sweedish. It is important to know that we did beat them in all the other races.

Can I put the image on my blog? Yes, you can! The image is copyrighted. But you may put it on a blog for non-commercial purposes, provided that you credit the photographer: Tomas Moss.

May I see a hires version? Yes, you may! You can download the pic here: http://www.munin.no/240211_547-Edit.jpg. Please download to your own server. I will remove it in a while.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to larsoy For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, counterfeitn900, gerbick fail, not over 9000, party everyday, shopped meme, stop trolling, ysss fails