Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
also cricket

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Chennai
i was really frustrated to see the cricinfo score widgt for the WC in my friend's iphone that iphone app refreshed for each and every ball

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
i am thinking about using wget and sed/awk to scrape data from cricinfo's web page. I'll let you know how it turns out.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Ok, guys, I have made a script to scrape data off Yahoo's cricket page and display it. I am attaching it here.

It can be used as a widget, with Queen Beecon Widget (please use search function).

NOTE: because the forum does not allow uploading scripts, I have uploaded as a zip file. Unzip it in ur MyDocs folder.

To use as a QBW, follow these steps:
a. Make a new QBW widget
b. Edit it as follows:
Change type to Snippet
Add new command
Give a name to the command
Enter the actual command as
Code:
sh /home/user/MyDocs/cwcscore.sh
c. Make other cosmetic changes to the widget as necessary. Be sure to give enough scpacve to display the result
d. If you want, you can set it's refresh option to 30 sec to get updated results.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip cwcscore.zip (395 Bytes, 191 views)

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-03-19 at 08:44.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
I use the quick-widget webwidget and have attached it here. see my signature for details.

It is a webkit view of the cricinfo mobile site.
There is an issue with th background color but it works for the live scorecards. Just click in the link to the current game. stylus recommended

You can scroll up and down by tapping on the right-hand side of the widget. If you hold the finger down you'll get a navigation pop-up as well as the general settings mode.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip cricket.qml.zip (1.1 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 2011-03-19 at 10:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Ijust use this http://livescores.com/cricket.dll through Macuco, looks good and also auto updates..(Australia just lost 3rd wicket..90/3) easy clicks to commentary, wickets, score card, line-ups and match info..I imagine it also works through Micro B. The only reason I use it in Macuco is that the football scores using Macuco is excellent:- http://iphone.livescore.com/#_soccer_scores

Dan

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Ok, guys, I have made a script to scrape data off Yahoo's cricket page and display it. I am attaching it here.

It can be used as a widget, with Queen Beecon Widget (please use search function)..
i was using this widget in the morning it was working fine when india was batting but it isnt showing the result of the other innings?? its empty!

Hi everyone,
just updated my old script for score.

Also, two new scripts for upcoming matches and old results. I am attaching a zip with all the scripts and a screenshot of how i implemented them with QBW.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip cwcscripts.zip (1.2 KB, 167 views)

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
@ejasmundar man i tried all your new scripts but aint getting any results? are you sure the scripts are fine or im i missing something the older script was working earlier but now it aint..nedd help?

Originally Posted by rebelnoob View Post
@ejasmundar man i tried all your new scripts but aint getting any results? are you sure the scripts are fine or im i missing something the older script was working earlier but now it aint..nedd help?
please try running them from xterm using commands like
Code:
sh /home/users/path/to/scrips/cwcscore.sh
tell me what error u're getting

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS