Active Topics

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Accra Ghana
I've been a close follower of this community for sometime now and it's really a great one. One thing that bugs me though, is the amount of trash sometimes posted here. Take this thread for instance.

If you've had enough of this "brick" of a phone, sell it or dispose it off and get what suits your needs. No need to bash it on TMO and then ask users of that phone to recommend a new one for you. Doesn't make sense from where I come from.

This is an appeal people. If you have a problem or suggestion, ask here. If not, go to the right forum. Let's please stop dirtying TMO.

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to sinaisix For This Useful Post:
i think people who read this thread and agree with you, aren't the ones who trash tmo so good luck with that.

btw: i totally agree with you!

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
It's ironic, that restricting discussion of competition or different viewpoints is considered 'keeping the forum clean' considering the following: if you look closely, what you are requesting is not the nature of openness, rather something a little closer to a walled-garden. It seems that openness is a obvious characteristic for Maemo devices, but not Maemo users.

This discussion-descent of Maemo, is general feedback to the performance of the OS in the public market. It should not be looked on with scorn, but as powerful analysis of things that need repair if there is hope to grow this product beyond a niche. Clearly it has not been seen as such and ignorant rejection of said feedback has been instrumental in the demise of Maemo and the uncertain future of Meego.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
"...and they make my N900 look obsolete...."

That's an empty statement IMHO without any elaboration as to what he means by looking obsolete. As per my understanding, the phone is not obsolete because of his judgement and knowledge but because his friends have Androids and thus the N900 is obsolete.

How is that a [useful] feedback?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
To the newer users:

Once upon a time, this forum was called ITT. InternetTabletTalk.

Don't believe me? Try it out.
Go to http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/ and see where that leads you to.

Funny how things seem to get more and more closed and exclusive (in a negative sense) the further we go down this rabbit hole and as we get new users with no understanding of the true context of what the community is about.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
To the newer users:

Go to http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/ and see where that leads you to.

Funny how things seem to get more and more closed and exclusive (in a negative sense) the further we go down this rabbit hole and as we get new users with no understanding of the true context of what the community is about.
*Scratches head* Why was it renamed?

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
To the newer users:

Yeah, we know you're old enough here. Please enlighten new users as you used to be.

(just kidding man, chill)

Reference: http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2006-03-05/
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I like tmo. I just hate the fact, that people don't use search. Instead, they just go and post a new thread about something and we'll have to wait if/when the moderators merge the threads. This applies especially to NITDroid. Makes me kind of a hate the product that has been continuously reposted without searching.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
what makes me laugh with this place is when you ask for advice and you title your thread appropriately you get either a little or no response to it, but if you title it anti maemo or 'goodbye maemo, hello android' for instance you get every response imaginable. i like this forum i think it's brilliant but do i have to resort to making crappy thread titles to get the response that is actually needed??

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Yeah, we know you're old enough here. Please enlighten new users as you used to be.

(just kidding man, chill)
Bitter & spiteful, aren't we?

My post provided context to this topic.

Do you need me spoon feed the concept to you (to expand and elaborate upon what I said, so you could understand what I meant in this context)?

Well alright:

It means that to quite a few users here, they were part of this community not just because of N900. Nokia had a few other maemo based devices before the N900. (N770, N800 and N810, all maemo based devices).

Not even solely due to maemo, because this community represented something more (less excluseive to Nokia's maemo) when it was called ITT.

I think some of this can be overwhelming to you, so feel free to pm me if you have more questions on this!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
speech, this worked, thought control