Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
*Cough*Pulling-off-the-chip-can-include-side-effects-such-as-bricked-N900-voided-warranty-and-regret-of-past-decisions-involving-pulled-off-hardware-pieces*Cough*

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
*Cough*Pulling-off-the-chip-can-include-side-effects-such-as-bricked-N900-voided-warranty-and-regret-of-past-decisions-involving-pulled-off-hardware-pieces*Cough*
Yes, you're right.
But it fixes the problem from the original poster. The Nokia startup screen will never get showed again.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
neither will anything else !!

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
neither will anything else !!
Mmmh... propably yes.
But this thread is about how to avoid to show the Nokia logo at the N900 screen. If he damage the N900, and he is not very happy about this fact, I would say he has to create a new thread. This is only about how to avoid Nokia specific advertising, N900 reparing is off-topic.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
must be a way because mine sometimes shows up silver?
yes mine as well the logo has been silver instead of blue I think it was when I used the black plastic icons.

So someone knows where this file is hiding and has found a way to modify it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
IIRC the theme makes everything gray (one could save money on grayscale screens, maybe triple resolution, huh), so the color may be available but not the text, size or availability. OTOH, if text can be changed it would still be cool to spell Nokia in lowercase just to be a sore loser.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
IIRC the theme makes everything gray (one could save money on grayscale screens, maybe triple resolution, huh), so the color may be available but not the text, size or availability. OTOH, if text can be changed it would still be cool to spell Nokia in lowercase just to be a sore loser.
i would think that if you could control the color, to set it to grayscale, that early in the boot sequence that you could also modify it but that is far from my level of expertise. Maybe the color could be changed to white so that its just a white screen. =)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
The Nokia splashscreen is part of the bootloader. It's not inside the user accessible filesystem. It's not some hidden file in rootfs. If it is sometimes showing wrong color it is most likely a glitch. My PC MoBo bootscreen also sometimes shows up in weird colors. Most likely due to electric residue in the chip....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
can we get a screenshot of that nokia on white background, been looking for that image to make it wallpaper

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
IIRC, the Nokia logo is part of NOLO. And NOLO is proprietary.

Tags
bada rox