Active Topics

Notices

4.1 is out, awesome

The Following User Says Thank You to JadeH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Has anyone tried 4.1? I noticed that in the name that was the version, but how does 4.1 beta precede a released Firefox 4.0?

how do you disable the autorotate, where if you tilt your phone it irritating flips to portrait mode? I just want to keep it landscape, always.

I thought the "accellerometer.enable" switch in about:config would do it, but no.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Seattle, WA, US
Firefox 4.1 is not "out" - the current nightly builds are version 4.1a1pre, which means they come before the first alpha release of version 4.1.

Firefox 4.0 Release Candidate 1 has been built and will be published soon, and will hopefully be released as Firefox 4.0 soon. So the latest nightly builds are based on work that will eventually go into the next version. (We haven't actually decided whether the next mobile release will be called 4.1 or 5.0 or whatever.)

Nightly builds are development snapshots, not official releases. They always have version numbers that end in "pre." See my earlier comment about versions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbrubeck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Seattle, WA, US
Originally Posted by Le_Petit_Lapin View Post
how do you disable the autorotate, where if you tilt your phone it irritating flips to portrait mode? I just want to keep it landscape, always.
See this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70787

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbrubeck For This Useful Post:
Does any of the firefox versions have hover mode?

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by ThePooBurner View Post
Which version is faster?
An interesting article

http://www.wikivs.com/wiki/GTK_vs_Qt

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
@geohsia
There is an addon that enables hover mode but it only supports android build atm. Author says maemo support is coming.

@qt vs. gtk question
qt is faster but mailto link handler and volume rocker zoom are broken atm unfortunately.

Originally Posted by mbrubeck View Post
Firefox 4.1 is not "out" - the current nightly builds are version 4.1a1pre, which means they come before the first alpha release of version 4.1.

Firefox 4.0 Release Candidate 1 has been built and will be published soon, and will hopefully be released as Firefox 4.0 soon. So the latest nightly builds are based on work that will eventually go into the next version. (We haven't actually decided whether the next mobile release will be called 4.1 or 5.0 or whatever.)

Nightly builds are development snapshots, not official releases. They always have version numbers that end in "pre." See my earlier comment about versions.
how can one know that a new firefox mobile release is available?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany