Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
In my opinion, the lesson learnt from the story is that the mail is just an additional feature. We would like to make sure the SMS reply is send no matter what. There is a set of users which didn't work for them or worked wrongly (e.g. multiple mails) from day one and Frank is working on replacing that code.

On the next update (answering also to other people's questions) will come mostly fixes and usability changes. There isn't any significant new features but an effort to establish better what we have.

On your problem, are you allowed to have a gmail.com account from your region? This is know address to work with the settings in the wiki.
and In my opinion, the lesson learnt from the story is that the mail
is most important thing for us(not an additional feature) as far as photo of the thief is concern.and in that story victim could not get his photo of the thief, and that is why police also did not help him.

about sms, i know this is also a very important feature . but this feature is already available in many phones. and our n900 is diffrent becouse it has ability to sends a photo of the thief(thanks for this app and all the dev.) that is the only reason we want email with photo or a new feature of uploading photo and sends a link via sms.

EDIT: yes i used gmail with many port(587 22 995 etc.) but it did not work.i am from india and i do not know what's wrong here only i want photo of the theif. any sggestion?

Last edited by nicholes; 2011-03-11 at 06:37.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
...<snip removed arrogant, self-centered and rubbish part of the responce>..

EDIT: yes i used gmail with many port(587 22 995 etc.) but it did not work.i am from india and i do not know what's wrong here only i want photo of the theif. any sggestion?
- If you go to your gmail settings is the imap enabled?
- what does it say in the smscon log when the mail failed?

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
- If you go to your gmail settings is the imap enabled?
- what does it say in the smscon log when the mail failed?
thanks man it worked in the last!!!(there was problm in gmail settings where IMAP was not enabled)

i got some black pictures in my gmail inbox!!! then i take a picture of a lamp and now i am fully satisfied.(hope thief will be inserting a new sim in SUN LIGHT!!! thanks again.
cheers!

EDIT: many people might be having same problem, i did not find this tip in the wiki too! ( if this is a normal thing..... i am nooob)

Last edited by nicholes; 2011-03-13 at 14:25.

So, how's the new version going?

Last edited by Brian_7; 2011-03-15 at 17:49.

Great app, been looking for something like this.

I would like to propose some features.

When the phone notices that the sim has changed, it's pretty likely that the crook is going to be facing the front camera for few next minutes. So there should be an option to take, let's say 3 photos, after sim change.

Also the picture command should work so, that it would take the picture when the screen or keyboard is used. Now it's more than likely to have pictures of someone's pocket.

It could also work so, that when the command is given, the phone would make beeping noise and there would be a question on the screen "Would you like to install updates?". When the crook selects either option, the image is taken.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ekto For This Useful Post:
A very important qustion is.......
what the next update is bringing new in smscon for us????????????

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Release 0.8 will have the following:
  • NEW: added new user setting (ENABLECHECKHOST) to activate smscon with a file on user's own server (CHECKHOST); when file content changes from '0' to a specific number ('1', '2', '3' etc.) smscon will execute corresponding SMS command. So user can -silently- activate smscon. Smscon will check for this file with a user defined interval (CHECKTIME).
  • NEW/CHANGE: expanded user setting MESSAGESEND ('sms', 'email', 'both' & 'none').
  • CHANGE: removed DISABLESMS user setting. This is superseded by MESSAGESEND user setting!
  • CHANGE: SIM card change SMS always will be send regardless of MESSAGESEND setting.
  • NEW: added smscon command (COM_ALARM); phone will play loud a user configurable sound file (only WAV) when command is received. File must be placed in /opt/smscon and be named 'alarm.wav'.
  • NEW: smscon_daemon sends SMS/email message if smscon_daemon crashes.
  • CHANGE: changed user setting ENABLERESEND ('yes', 'no'). Resending of messages will again be experimental feature!
  • CHANGE: removed user setting MAXRESEND (didn't work as intended).
  • CHANGE: some log text changed/added.
  • CHANGE: some changes in GPS message sending code.
  • CHANGE: AUTODEVICELOCK message is only send if COMMANDREPLY is enabled.
  • FIX: small bug in SMSsend().
  • FIX: bug in GPSINTERVAL handeling; GPSINTERVAL was always set at 60 sec regardless of user setting.

When released it al will be explained in the WIKI

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to digitalvoid For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much. smscon is the most usefull app ever.

Last edited by Brian_7; 2011-03-20 at 00:42.

i am waiting for a thief now (since i have tested smscon). lol

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
UPDATE
Release 0.8 will also have:
  • NEW: added new SMS command (COM_RESTART) to kill & restart the smscon_daemon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digitalvoid For This Useful Post: