Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
What this means to me is I'm going free mobile Internet access all the time.

If you read user messages closely, you see that the typical groovy thing that they get out of having Internet access while on the hoof is that they sometimes win trivia contests in a bar by googling the answers. I have blazing Internet access wherever I go and rarely get much more than that.

So, rather than being worth $60 a month or more, to me it is hardly worth anything. Usually I am at my house or someone else's house, and I have access to free Internet.

When it becomes necessary I will dump those plans and just pay for phone calls and text messaging.

I'm willing to lose the trivia contests.

I too despise AT&T. Despise. But I would have stayed as long as they honored my contract and my N900 still worked. This news that they will take away 3G functions on TMO phones....I will cancel the day it stops working. This is yet another example of how this "free market" talk in the US is total BS.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Well I don't live in the US but it took me just a couple of weeks of being there with my N900 to realize that AT&T is total crap.

Sorry, dear pals from the US, but unfortunately once this actually happens you have 4 options:
1) Replace your phone and lose everything that only the N900 has to offer.
2) Switch to a local mobile provider if you're lucky enough to have one operating in your area on the N900-compatible frequencies - and get f***ed if you ever need to travel outside your local area.
3) Stay with AT&T and have only 2.5G services, as well as their total crap customer services.
4) Emigrate.

I have a bad feeling about this....

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Too soon to discuss N950's probable lack of AT&T 3G bands? :P

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Too soon to discuss N950's probable lack of AT&T 3G bands? :P
Too premature. We don't know anything regarding the upcoming N950 for certain. We don't even know whether it'll have a hardware keyboard yet.
Anyway, if Nokia actually wants the N950 to have any success in the US, they will now have to adapt it to the new reality. However, I'm not sure they actually care.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
Originally Posted by danx View Post
AT&T will start charging for use of the internet. There will be no unlimited plans for AT&T users but now that they bought T mobile will they do the same ??
yer killing me danx!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What das this means för a regular user. phones locked to a specific network?

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-03-21 at 21:59.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
The FCC needs to stop this from happening, there will be only 1 gsm carrier in America, monopoly anti-trust hello is this thing on! This will not be good for us period. Unlimited data gone, tethering gone,all my grandfathered extras gone. Well at least I'll have the best Skype phone in Belize,cause I'm out of here if it goes thru.

The Following User Says Thank You to AgentZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by danx View Post
AT&T just bought T Mobile USA for 36 billion ! what do you think it means to us that use tmo??
This will have absolutely no bearing on my life whatsoever as I'm not even in the same continent.

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox