HI,

I've got a N900 that has a faulty USB port that im going to get repaired however i have 8GB of data that i haven't backed up in 2 months(shoot me i know ).

Anyways I can charge the battery independently but im having issues downloading any applications as the phone doesn't see any catalogues/i can't add catalogues. Wireless still works.

Is their a way i can dump the contents through some command or browse from it on a pc to get or the data. I really don't want to do it through bluetooth as it will be excruciatingly painful/slow.

Cheers

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
You can install an SSH server and / or client on the phone and your computer and transfer files via SCP / SFTP, though it's still way slower than the USB cable.

My advice - Fastest way is to get a card reader for your computer and use a microSD card.

The Following User Says Thank You to NiQ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
If you can install a SSH server, you can use something like WinSCP to copy the files over WiFi (or even 3G)

http://wiki.maemo.org/SSH

EDIT:
Bah beaten by .375 miliseconds dammit

Is this possible as i can't connect to a catalogue server

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Backupmenu is the best and easiest way to back up everything. You should have an MMC for maximum security, but you don't need a USB.

Originally Posted by NiQ View Post
You can install an SSH server and / or client on the phone and your computer and transfer files via SCP / SFTP, though it's still way slower than the USB cable.

My advice - Fastest way is to get a card reader for your computer and use a microSD card.
ssh is the key, but I would recommend rsync for backup, if Windows supports it. The good things of rsync are that it compresses the data that are transferred and that after the initial backup, only the deltas (changes) are sent.

Paai

You Wouldn't believe this!!! After i got my new n900 the battery and charger and usb all work on this old phone WTF!!!!

This s*** is doing my headin

Even the old charger and everything works. Does this mean that the battery has a super major important part to how this phone operates or something?

Can you clarify?

Old N900 with old battery and old charger = no work?
Old N900 with new battery and old charger = work?