Active Topics

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ amsterdam
Originally Posted by MetalSer View Post
Could you please share with us the code of the widgets on your desk. And maybe, how to build this? I'm not so familar with QBW.
if you search the wiki for queen beecon search for cool time with a little bit modifications

echo -e "`date +'<span font=\"90\" fgcolor=\"#575757\">%k:%M</span><span font=\"20\" fgcolor=\"#000000\">%n%B, </span><span font=\"20\" fgcolor=\"#ffffff\">%d</span><span font=\"15\" fgcolor=\"#575757\">%n%A</span>'`"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stephano21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Just starting to have a bit of a go at creating a theme, although I am only in the very early stages. There's quite a lot of parts to put together, but i'm just having a go out of curiosity really.
Attached Images

Last edited by bigears5000; 2011-03-21 at 23:26.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Media Desktop in progress.........
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HseFly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Costa Rica
how do you get a reflection ?

Some people can do to change this clock and weather

http://www.qkshare.com/thread428303.html

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by dekkelkamp View Post
That looks really good! Could you explain which font you are using as the clock/date on the desktop and which Queen Beecon code? Also, what theme are you using?

Really cool desktop....how did you get a digital clock like that and what weather widget you are using....??

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
Just starting to have a bit of a go at creating a theme, although I am only in the very early stages. There's quite a lot of parts to put together, but i'm just having a go out of curiosity really.
dude thats awesome, good job ....

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by warren View Post
how do you get a reflection ?
Steps:
Depending on wether I will work with a light or dark desktop, I choose a solid white or black background.

I then place my shorcut icons where needed on the desktop.

I take a picture of current screen / printscreen (Shift + Cntrl + p), this image will be auto labeled screenshot and will be found under images, screenshots.

I then export the screenshot to my PC to use with graphics editing program, I use PhotoShop.

Once in editing program, I will use the screenshot to flip the icon Images and apply fade effect.

That is my process. Have fun with it.
**HseFly**

Last edited by HseFly; 2011-03-22 at 13:33.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HseFly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Stockholm,Sweden
Ive found a kickass desklet for linux/ubuntu named crispclock on gnome-look.org. This is identical to the android clock widget named "typoclock" which ive fallen in love with.

Im not familiar with ubuntu/linux at all but is it possible somehow to re-write the sourcecode of the desklet or something to make it run as a desktop widget on our n900 , maybe through queen beecon or desktop clock widget or similar app ?

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...content=129934

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to p00ltergeist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I'm afraid that most of what I've seen in this thread leave my eyes feeling violated. Just sayin' - I think I'm getting old, but some of these desktops.. The human mind surely is a wondrous device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell