Hello everybody,

I think I'm running into this bug:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9943

When I try to connect, mfe is asking for AAAA record. It gets a response, but the standart kernel is not able to talk ipv6.

Is there a way to prevent mfe to ask for a AAAA and directly ask for a A record (v4)?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by horovsky View Post
Hi all,
one easy question, how much memory space is necessary to be able to update exchange emails? I can´t update emails because on "not enough memory".

I can see:
-in Setting/memory: free 168MB of memory for installable application
-in Storage usage: free 91MB of RootFS memory and free 77MB of "/home" memory

So if I understang these numbers well, there´s 77MB available for Exchange, but it´s not enough. I´ve deinstalled some programs (and games) and play a little bit with it. So 200MB is OK.

Does somebody know exact necessary memory space?
Is it possible to change the requested free memory space and decrease it? E.g. to be able to update although just 20MB is available?

thank you very much
Miroslav
In the mfe settings you can specify the "synchronise back" to a smaller period, i.e. less mail.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Hmm, its strange, syncing calender have worked like a charm the past 6 months. Now I got the same problem.
Im syncing with Hotmail.
And the only significant thing I have done is a full re-sync a a few weeks ago, maybe its that causing the bug to apear.
I too am having a problem with this. It frequently gets unticked and no i tend to miss appointments. Worked wonderfully before the last upgrade to version 20.2010.36-2

Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi all,
I don't know if this thread is the right place to post my issue, if not, don't hesitate to warn me and give me the right thread to do so.

I'm using MfE to synchronize with my Google Agenda. This works pretty well, both ways,...except the tasks are not synchronized at all.

Any ideas? Thanks.
The tasks sync is TERRIBLE (reflecting Task handling on the n900 in general). I have never got it to work with google tasks.

I had a great setup using nuevasync to combine google calendar and a more robust task system (toodledo.com)

Worked flawlessly for 3 months, until yesterday that is.

Originally Posted by greenknight View Post

Worked flawlessly for 3 months, until yesterday that is.
And then worked for another week and decides in the middle of my finals to cease functioning with another hugely frustrating and ambiguous error message.

I don't know how much more of this I can take. I never imaging the n900 would suck so f-in bad in this regard.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Just mentioning, Vitaly was clear from the start that Google stuff was not supported..

i miss nuevasync :< i only sync my calendar.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Just mentioning, Vitaly was clear from the start that Google stuff was not supported..
Yes, most of us understand this is not his fault. Unfortunately what you say has 0 relevance to what I was talking about. I use a service to manage my information (nuevasync) who were helpful enough to provide log information that my n900 isn't even contacting their server.

Doesn't even try because I walked into a building and switched from GPRS to wi-fi and then lost signal in an elevator. How fair is that from a user perspective?

I even understand the official Nokia support has ended... but in this case it never really existed because this part of the product has been dysfunctional from the beginning.

I am so disappointed with Nokia right now and the problem is that that doesn't matter, because I barely ever mattered, and absolutely don't matter now. I'm not the user that buys Windows branded phones so I'm not the future of Nokia.

Hi,

I have some huge problem with as-deamon. It uses 90 % CPU and doesn’t do anything. I deleted all accounts and closed all internet connections. I can not kill the process and my battery holds only few hours.

What I can do to solve the problem with overloading by as-demon?

Thanks!

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I had a working MfE setup to sync cal/contacts with google. As of this week, it stopped working. It returns failure immediately, as if it doesn't even try

Yes, I know this isn't supported. Yes I know about the trick to clear the n900 calendar. It has been working fine for more than a year, with the occasional hiccup which needed me to clean my n900 calendar to fix.

This is different.

The only thing I can think of is that I updated to the latest CSSU (up from the previous oe), and that maybe google enabled ipv6?

Any hints or share your experience?

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!