Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
I really like the new version (11). I had it as a backup for when using a BT mouse, but now I'm almost happy to have it take over from Mozilla.

Only issues I've noticed:
-when attempting a secured transaction, it logs me out and says "Transaction Timed Out" (banking website)
-as with the previous version, opening Facebook from the Speed Dial still, by default, loads the mobile version (instead of the full site, which I prefer)

Otherwise, going well. It looks a lot better than the previous version too.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Amazing browser! text-to-fit screen is awesome. 'Droid fonts' are great because they compress text to be more mobile friendly.

Opera would be perfect with Flash..

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
-as with the previous version, opening Facebook from the Speed Dial still, by default, loads the mobile version (instead of the full site, which I prefer)

basically the facebook server sees the browser id itself as opera mobile and goes "hey, he likely wants to see our mobile site!"...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
bug here: nepali fonts are now incorrectly displayed eg. nagariknews.com it was fine in 10

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
user has synced opera, then disabled it, now when reenabling it shouldn't opera display I already have account page rather than create account page?

one more problem., cant leave feedback on ebay. try it

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I can't get to OVI store. it keeps saying that i should wait till ovi store supports my device... Weird. is there something i can do?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I can't get to OVI store. it keeps saying that i should wait till ovi store supports my device... Weird. is there something i can do?
contact site-admin of those pages?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
There is also another problem: Even thought I have selected 100% zoom from the settings it gives me <100% zoom every time I open a new page
The zoom setting controls what zoom level you should get when doubletapping to zoom in. Pages will still be rendered with an 800 pixels wide viewport and zoomed so you can see the width of the whole page when it is initially loaded. For a more technical explanation of how this works from a web developer's perspective I can recommend my colleague Andreas Bovens' article about viewports in Opera Mobile 11, available here:
http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/a...-and-viewport/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahockersten For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
Hi

Is there a setting for opera to avoid it going to mobile web pages

Some sites by default go to mobile web pages and i need opera to avoid doing that, please help if someone knows about setting

thanks
What version of websites you will get when visiting them with Opera is beyond our control, that's up to the person coding the site. I understand and agree that this is an annoyance on some sites, but there really is nothing we can do about it.

The only advice I can give is to contact the webmasters of the site and explain that you would like to use the desktop version of the website on your N900, and ask them to provide you with an option to do so.

The Following User Says Thank You to ahockersten For This Useful Post:

Tags
fast browser, opera