Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by (O)fer_cz View Post
hi, great app btw, can u upload file with language, or tell me where to find it, i would like to try make czech translation, thx
Thanks for offering to translate Fuelpad. You can find the source code in maemo garage subversion repository https://garage.maemo.org/scm/?group_id=554

The sources of released versions are also available in the maemo source repository http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...rce/f/fuelpad/

You can contact me by e-mail when you are ready or if you need help.

Julius

could someone please show me a 'how to' for fuelpad? i couldnt understand what values to enter where.

Originally Posted by di1in View Post
could someone please show me a 'how to' for fuelpad? i couldnt understand what values to enter where.
Would http://fuelpad.garage.maemo.org/documentation.html be of any help? It is for an older version of Fuelpad, but the general principles still apply.

BR, Julius

I saw in a early post a user asking for a km/l meassure in FuelPad.

then some users said that dont have heard about this meassurement.

well, km/l is the only referenced used in Brazil and in most of Latin America Countries... It would be great to have this option in a future upgrade...

best regards and tks a lot for this amazing app

Originally Posted by dimbert View Post
I saw in a early post a user asking for a km/l meassure in FuelPad.

then some users said that dont have heard about this meassurement.

well, km/l is the only referenced used in Brazil and in most of Latin America Countries... It would be great to have this option in a future upgrade...

best regards and tks a lot for this amazing app
I am sorry for not implementing this. Even if it sounds trivial to add it, there are some design decisions making this more difficult than it should be. I never use km/l myself and that has put it quite low in the todo list.

BR. Julius

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Hello,

Do you take donations anywhere?

Would you consider compiling this to run on x86 Windows? Asking since it's written in Qt and quite a awesome app.
It's not written in Qt but GTK. A Windows version is highly unlikely. The code used to compile on desktop Linux a few releases ago but I believe it does not anymore.

Donations ... well I do have a paypal account but I've never used it nor do I know if it can be used to receive money. Maybe you can inform me?

Julius

this is 1 awesome app
cant believe i didnt find it sooner
theres only 1 probably massivly complicated thing to implement but thort id ask
when i fill up i write an entry in but doesnt work out how it should
eg if my trip is 500km n i fill up with 50L and cost $50 it works the rest out
then i do 500km fill up with 50L and cost $75 because i put premium in its saying my price pe km is way higher than it really is and L/100 would be incorrect
then if i get 600km out of the tank of premium put 50L in and cost $50 because i only put normal in again its going 2 show way lower
and L/100 incorrect again

its working it out at the price u paid for the new petrol not the price of the old petrol
also my notes list where i purchase my petrol and wether its premium or not should be on the next entry since thats when the km's are getting achieved

hope i make sence is there an easy way 2 achieve this?

also i dont use km/L but it does sound like a better way 2 work it out

Last edited by bman; 2011-03-25 at 11:47.

Originally Posted by bman View Post
this is 1 awesome app
cant believe i didnt find it sooner
theres only 1 probably massivly complicated thing to implement but thort id ask
when i fill up i write an entry in but doesnt work out how it should
eg if my trip is 500km n i fill up with 50L and cost $50 it works the rest out
then i do 500km fill up with 50L and cost $75 because i put premium in its saying my price pe km is way higher than it really is and L/100 would be incorrect
then if i get 600km out of the tank of premium put 50L in and cost $50 because i only put normal in again its going 2 show way lower
and L/100 incorrect again

its working it out at the price u paid for the new petrol not the price of the old petrol
also my notes list where i purchase my petrol and wether its premium or not should be on the next entry since thats when the km's are getting achieved

hope i make sence is there an easy way 2 achieve this
After reading your text two times I finally get it.

You must be exaggerating the price difference of different petrols. In Finland we have two petrol choices at the moment: 95E10 or 98E5. The price difference is usually 5 €-cents/litre of about 1.50€/litre. That is a little over 3% of the price. On the other hand if I drive only on the highway, my car takes about 7-8 l/100 km but in the city about 10-11 l/100 km. The difference is 20-30%. Therefore the price/km really comes from the fuel consumption, not from the price of fuel. Another thing is that I never use 95E10. Therefore I am sorry to say that I don't see any point of changing the behavior of this. Even if I did, the last time I changed the code of Fuelpad was in January 31st, and I fear that I won't have much time for coding in the near future, either.

Julius

our 95 to 98 is 10 to 15cents / litre different (about $10 a tank)
and considering i drive basically the same every week it would of shown its stuff alot better
thanks anyway ill c if i can find a workaround with inputting it

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany/Berlin
Hello i killed my display, the only way to work with my N900 is through putty. Is there any way to export or open the fuelpad.db in terminal.

Or can I send my db file to someone, and get an csv back ?

sorry for my bad english.

*found a way by my self: SQLite Database Browser

Last edited by breeze; 2011-05-25 at 18:58.

Tags
car, fuel, fuelpad, not official