Very nice photos all! I would love the name of a couple of apps i've seen in this thread:

There is one app where in the statusmenu (or whatever the menu is called that comes down when pressing clock/battery in upper left corner) you get 4 icons, settings terminal + 2 or something. Would love those shortcuts.

Also, what's the name of the widget that shows current mhz and stats like that?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by qosmio View Post
Well I think I've finished my wee experiment. See what you think.

Kind regards Qosmio

Dude,,,wt weather widget u r using??? can u please tell me....if QBW, wt code and wt png's u r using....please help....

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by mattiasbäx View Post
Very nice photos all! I would love the name of a couple of apps i've seen in this thread:

There is one app where in the statusmenu (or whatever the menu is called that comes down when pressing clock/battery in upper left corner) you get 4 icons, settings terminal + 2 or something. Would love those shortcuts.

Also, what's the name of the widget that shows current mhz and stats like that?
Not sure what you mean in your first question (perhaps someone else does) You have 2 choices when it comes to displaying things like cpu mhz. Queen Beecon Widget is the more powerful and advanced one, and Desktop Command Execution Widget which is easier to use but more simple. Both are in the repos and both have their own wiki pages on this forum for a list of commands.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Comman...Widget_scripts
http://wiki.maemo.org/Queen_BeeCon_Widget

Last edited by bigears5000; 2011-03-30 at 08:23.

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by uutsav View Post
Dude,,,wt weather widget u r using??? can u please tell me....if QBW, wt code and wt png's u r using....please help....
You are right. The weather widget Qosmio is using is Queen Beecon Yahoo Weather widget. Here is the thread and code for it. Best to check the thread for the most recent code because it has changed a couple of times. The png's come directly from yahooweather.com
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39565&page=233

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bushey, Herts, UK.
Originally Posted by mattiasbäx View Post
Do you mean MohammadAG's Media bar maybe?.
#http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=mediabar

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Update on my maemo twin. If you think, this should be moved elsewhere, please let me know. So far, I haven't found any better thread

Updates: top panel with original background and black plastic menu button, modded clearweather screenlet and added netmonitor. Still searching for better weather and dataplan monitor "clones", might do this with conky.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
@ geekgirl do you mind sharing your desktop wallpaper please? Would look awesome desaturated and on a phone desktop

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
@ geekgirl do you mind sharing your desktop wallpaper please? Would look awesome desaturated and on a phone desktop
here you go:

(big version)

(gimp-resized version, 800x500)

The author (casperium?) has also done a version with a planet, but I like this one more...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK

Dropped saturation down and darkened a little bit, a total desat didn't look good and was waaaaaaay too bright....

Looks awesome nice one geekgirl74

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post

Dropped saturation down and darkened a little bit, a total desat didn't look good and was waaaaaaay too bright....

Looks awesome nice one geekgirl74
Can that uptime widget be made through Desktop Command Execution Widget? I want uptime and cpu speed as widget!

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell