Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
has anyone experianced faster battery drain when using opera than using microb
yes..i have noticed it on two occasions now when it has suddenly drained my battery to the point of empty in 10 mins...want to purgr n reinstall to see if it helps

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
not sure how much that will help as iirc opera do not let the cpu idle while opera is running.

oh, and i have noticed, on my n800 at least, that Opera may hang when swap becomes maxed out. Hang in the sense of ui not responding and even stopping mid-transition.

I have just abandoned firefox mobile for this as the program itself is much snappier and responsive. Better loading up, tab swapping, auto rotation and much less then the 42 mb's fire fox takes up.

Couple of things i would still like to see implemented.

Have an option to hide the magnifying glass icons while scrolling down a page. The program has double tap zooming so these icons seem redundant.

I have Opera running in full screen mode, but when I hit the up arrow in the lower right of the screen, to bring up the ui, Opera pops out of full screen mode until you start scrolling through another page.

Nice web browser!

Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
yes..i have noticed it on two occasions now when it has suddenly drained my battery to the point of empty in 10 mins...want to purgr n reinstall to see if it helps
Try turning off geolocation options?

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
Another bug: when downloading a file, selecting "Other" and then any location causes Opera to exit/crash. Screen of what I mean attached.
I added this to Opera's bug tracker last week.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Sent them a report about opera appearing to stop responding once the N800 runs out of available ram, rather then halt any page loads or other activity that requires more ram then available.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Opera always used to be this way on the desktop and just hang on Linux at least when it ran out of resources (maybe Windows too though dont use Windows anymore except a little bit at work where Opera isn't installed); I haven't noticed it as much since 10 and 11 on the desktop.

I've not had it hang on me since 10.something, but I do have a lot more RAM nowadays (since 10.something also, but not necessarily same version as I stopped noticing it on).

anyone knows where is the speed dial thumbnails folder?

i want to place my own thumbnails.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
Sent them a report about opera appearing to stop responding once the N800 runs out of available ram, rather then halt any page loads or other activity that requires more ram then available.
It's actually quite hard to figure out a good way to deal with this. There's no "running out of memory", as things get progressively slower approaching the true "out of memory" condition. Measuring this is also pretty damn hard..

ok, but opera goes fully unresponsive at some point and have to be forcibly killed.

Tags
fast browser, opera