Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by n900nate View Post
Righty,

I've read through the thread - I'm considering Documents to Go.

I know this thread is primarily about going from the trial -> premium version, but if you are using the premium version, could you feedback how you're getting on with it, as opposed to say, using Abiword & Gnumeric-Light, for example?

Is it worth the $9.99 ??

Nate.

My experience with Documents to Go Premium has been totally negative.
I bought Viewer version and paid 9,99 euros for it, then as soon as the Premium version came out I bought it shelling out 29,99 euros, because there wasn't the free upgrade option at that time.
After one day I uninstalled the Premium version, as it was useless for me.
Reasons:
1. I cannot write in my language (Italian) as the letters è é à etc. are not supported, while the Note application preinstalled by Nokia fully supports them.
2. I cannot select the entire text of a long document: Ctrl+A for Select All is not supported, and incredibly DataViz removed from the Premium version the Select All button that is present in the Viewer version!

When DataViz recently released version 2.000 I downloaded and installed it hoping it solved these problems, but both problems are still there. So I uninstalled the Premium version for the second time.

im having troubles big tim trying to install docs to go. when i try to install i get a message the the libqt4-translations file is needed. so i tried to install the missing file but this was rejected as saying incompatable package. i tried x-terminal commands found in this threat, even tried another one which should have installed it from my docs file on the n900. has anyone found a solution?

Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
Apparently it has to be a new version who allow editing and other stuff.
http://mobileofficeblog.dataviz.com/...r_maemo_5.html
More screenshots here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...6732244&ref=pb
Hope we will have this released soon!
hey.. yes this is the new docToGo where you can create office doccuments on your device.

If I buy the viewer edition now, is there still a free upgrade option?

Thanks.

I tried to install this now, but when HAM tries to install it, it will say "Unable to install". Is this working for someone? Any workarounds?

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
How to launch dtg from terminal? I found nothing from /usr/bin, usr/sbin or /home/opt. I'm using Dbus switchboard and don't have open office so thats why.

Jolla Phone 16GB (2nd in use).
Jolla Tablet 64GB (repaired).

3D modelling & printing.
CAD/CAM amateur.
Prusa i3 3D printer (Max Micron)
"Smith: Mr. Anderson, welcome back.
We missed you ."