Active Topics

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Interesting points there and yes you hit the nail spot on too about Nokia and closed apps, your now making the picture clear and not many people realise the closed components will not exsist on the adaption of MeeGo but having said that, what was really substantial in any part of Maemo because all i saw was half working anything so i would hope MeeGo brings with it some half decent apps.
Just so everyone else than abill_uk isn't confused. The closed source bits I listed in my post are redistributable and will be there in any MeeGo N900 image and you can even redistribute them in your own image (if it's non-commercial distribution)

As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Just so everyone else than abill_uk isn't confused. The closed source bits I listed in my post are redistributable and will be there in any MeeGo N900 image and you can even redistribute them in your own image (if it's non-commercial distribution)

I was reffering to the closed components within Maemo, never said anything about closed anything on MeeGo.

Thankfully there is quite a big team working on Meego so with a bit of luck we will not have another Qwim situation where we were going to get this and get that and then it all shut down.

If me coming on here gets you angry then that will make you even more determined to make sure MeeGo goes where Maemo didn't.

If this happens then as far as i am concerned it will be mission accompished !.

When i see a decent MeeGo image that is at least on par with Maemo then i will get to work on some decent mod's to bring the N900 hardware closer to the spec of a full blown MeeGo OS of the future.

I rather like the N900 and if you are any kind of psycologist reading my posts you will see one thing very very clear.. i can be angry and i do not trust anyone now and i am dammed if i will allow Nokia to take my money under false hope and pretenses after they just dropped support for the N900 in less than a year!, i see it as being ripped off by Nokia and i was even more angry they did not release the closed components to this community after pushing support directly to it.

HAPPY APRiL FOOLS JoKE EVERYONE

Bah, i thought the news about the untimely death of abill_uk from the injuries received during the rape by a stud bull were real.

Here's hoping!

Maybe i am dreamer or whatever but if meego 1.2 final de will be stable and fast but lacking many everyday applications... i see bright feature for n900. Next meego versions will be more future complete + with QT, new aplications should be developed fast (i think thats the point of n900 MeeGo DE).
MeeGo will evolve with us

thanks for all great work!! i hope i will be able to learn QT and contribute in the future

Bolllocks !!! ha.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
HAPPY APRiL FOOLS JoKE EVERYONE
Where was the April fools joke then?.

Oh, crap, I had hoped that YOU was the joke.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LucianoBraga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post

Does that mean we could use those drivers in Maemo? I'd really love to see vsync correctly implemented in my N900...

Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to damnshock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
Does that mean we could use those drivers in Maemo? I'd really love to see vsync correctly implemented in my N900...

Regards
If you backport the kernel drivers and parts of DSS2, maybe. I really tried to backport them and I didn't succeed - .28 vs .37 is really a jump
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
noobs free, ruining meego