Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
.... which frequency is it stable in besides the default clock?
Did you read the warnings here http://wiki.maemo.org/Overclocking

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ BONDY, FRANCE
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Wow, let's overclock it - then it will be less stable, with shorter battery life.

What could possibly go wrong?
My N900 is overclocket to 1GHz and have a good battery life...
But I've some "lags" sometimes again...

hiˇˇ

i have just overclocked it to MAX CPU-950-125/ MAX-DSP-500 but now my n900 has lag all the time... any solution??

what is the best way and frecuency of overclocking it?

thank u so much form spain, sorry about my englishˇ

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ fauldhouse
Originally Posted by yorkey View Post
Did you read the warnings here http://wiki.maemo.org/Overclocking
the warnings r bull been run 1 at 1.1ghz for a yer only thing that happend was usb port brock but nokai gave me new 1 and it was still overcolck when i sent it back so get facts befor u post stop lissing to stuped pepol on her that no nuthing

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by kenny324410 View Post
the warnings r bull been run 1 at 1.1ghz for a yer only thing that happend was usb port brock but nokai gave me new 1 and it was still overcolck when i sent it back so get facts befor u post stop lissing to stuped pepol on her that no nuthing
Try learning English or some other language.

Hi guys,

I am new to Overclocking, I recently installed "Mobile HotSpot" and planning to install "H-E-N"... Can any pls let me know how to find my current clocking...?

Thanks in advance,
Sudarsan.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by kenny324410 View Post
Broke your keyboard. I didn't know overclocking could do that.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by sudarsan_avs View Post
Hi guys,

I am new to Overclocking, I recently installed "Mobile HotSpot" and planning to install "H-E-N"... Can any pls let me know how to find my current clocking...?

Thanks in advance,
Sudarsan.
Terminal:

Code:
sudo gainroot
kernel-config show

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
many lag reports and counting.......i got lags but not arising from any normal use.....my n900 is clocked at 500mhz min and 1000mhz max...and sometimes it lags....but recently, (while im in another dimension not posting or seeing tmo) im experimenting a setting which i clock 850mhz min and 1000mhz max (disclaimer: very dangerous x1million, one had reported on overheating the battery) less lags and buttery smooth......

EDIT: i also set up_threshold to 15 to mke the cpu more aggressive.

EDIT 2: i repeat, very very dangerous, i cant elaborate more, as i said, what i am doing is an experiment, hit and miss, that can turn my device into a hot brick....

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2011-04-02 at 21:34.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
many lag reports and counting.......i got lags but not arising from any normal use.....my n900 is clocked at 500mhz min and 1000mhz max...and sometimes it lags....but recently, (while im in another dimension not posting or seeing tmo) im experimenting a setting which i clock 850mhz min and 1000mhz max (disclaimer: very dangerous x1million, one had reported on overheating the battery) less lags and buttery smooth......

EDIT: i also set up_threshold to 15 to mke the cpu more aggressive.

EDIT 2: i repeat, very very dangerous, i cant elaborate more, as i said, what i am doing is an experiment, hit and miss, that can turn my device into a hot brick....
And how was your battery life at that setting?

I run at 900 min 900 max myself, always.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom