Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I added the tags "controlable" and "issue" just to let everyone know.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
WHO are you reffering to ?.
The subject(s) of this thread. The "d**kheads who anonymously troll via tags". Been on the receiving end of this myself - and it can be a cowardly way of being offensive. But, as somebody else has said, they are best ignored. It would be best if the facility were disabled. Tags are intended to be useful and informative, to highlight the subject matter. When they are used in the way they are in this situation, and on other threads, they are unhelpful and have little value.

If you look at the tags below (there are at the moment 10), they refer to only one thread - this one. What is the point? Somebody needs to get a life, bro...

'controlable' will not link with anything - because there is no such word spelled that way:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/controllable

just as with 'offemsvive tags' - no such word as 'offemsive':

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/offensive

half of the tags might be intended to be useful, but they'd need to be spelled correctly, at least.

Originally Posted by mishmich View Post
If you look at the tags below (there are at the moment 10), they refer to only one thread - this one. What is the point? Somebody needs to get a life, bro...
The issue needs to be looked at for sure as it is not just for this thread, it is a global issue on here and when i see the rules set on this forum being abused it makes me realise the comments i made a long time ago on the rules issue thread that there are 2 sets of rules on here, one for them and one for us on the recieving end of the abuse.

The abusers look on it as fun and short of actually hacking this forum it is impossible to find out the mindless thugs that do this.

Hacking is the name of the game on this forum so i think if Reggie has any sense he will look into this issue once and for all.

Tags should most definetley be traceable by all members of this community because that IS one way to stop them !.

IT HAS NOW BECOME A SERIOUS ISSUE AND I AM ASKING THE FORUM REGULATORS TO LOOK INTO THIS ISSUE.

[QUOTE=mishmich;980719]'controlable' will not link with anything - because there is no such word spelled that way:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/controllable

just as with 'offemsvive tags' - no such word as 'offemsive':

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/offensive

half of the tags might be intended to be useful, but they'd need to be spelled correctly, at least.[/QUOTE

I have now corrected the word, i had to delete it then re-add it to change the spelling.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-04-03 at 04:50.

Oh is ship filtered too?

Wtf.

All I can say is... I'm tired of bada jokes. I'm tired of newbie bashing. Let's get our act together, guys...

And if mods refuse to outright do their job... Troll the phuck out. Flooding is fine, too.

As said... If contributing to the current status quo won't help... Get the chaos going till all hell breaks loose.

Let's get discussion going,

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Objects in this thread may appear more important than they actually are.
I think as YOU are one of the bullies on this forum who CONSTANTLY tagg threads should now realise that this IS AN ISSUE,

Hello.

I'm a somewhat new here. Still, I'm fully commited to this community. While I can't offer code, such as MohammedAG of freemangordon might, I'd like to offer a take on a current and bothersome issue:

Tag trolling.

This community has flourished in many ways, as well as had it's fair share of popcorn threading. Well... Popcorning seems to be invading all else.

Trolling through the anonymous tag system has become widespread; it has become fairly common to see others getting attacked, as well as no use tags getting addec to a thread's tag clouds... Up to the point where the tag system becomes no more than an anonymous mean through which people might bad-mouth others.

This is surely outrageous.

I can upon all members of the TMO forums to deal with this. Let not apathy dominate this forums, for they have turned a lackluster, undersupported smartphone device into the ultimate mobile phone device, that while lacking the sheer number of buttock-kissers in android, sure as hell outdo it in every possible aspect...

So.. Let us not give up now.

Everyone who agrees... Jump in this ship.

I'll abide to whatever the mods say, nonetheless... But I sure as hell wanna hear them out.

Last edited by number41; 2011-04-03 at 06:18.

Closed Thread

Tags
tag abuse, tag system, tagging