Closed Thread
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Just cleaned it a bit...

@abill: you don't mind flaming moderators and I don't mind give you infraction points, right? I have a weekend as everyone else and like to use my (rare) spare time with family... moderators are not reading forums 24/7.

I know it is not the friendly way to give infractions by random occurrence but I barely give infractions and when I do I consider it a warning (that's like a speeding ticket right?).

Keep it clean, have a nice day!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post

Originally Posted by number41 View Post
I have reported that one, a few hours ago.
There are different moderators for different sections in different timezones. Just gotta be patient.
I still don't get why you/another mod deleted my last post.
Just tell me if it was the image that was offensive, because personally to me: its hilarious!

edit: Okay I will post the image here, and if you really do think its offensive let me know (here or pm) so I can edit it out, I just don't like the feeling of searching for deleted posts.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
My response to the comment on weirdness was removed (not sure why - there was nothing offensive in it), and my tally has dropped back from 108 to 113 posts to go before I can add irrelevant tags to irrelevant posts...

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
WOW this has not only been changed but cleaned right up, good work Chemist even if you do feel the need to single me out rather than the long standing members, oh well i need a year or 2 on here before i get them privledges.

Main thing is it is clean and i am very happy about that and once again THANKYOU Chemist your a good mod.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I still don't get why you/another mod deleted my last post.
Just tell me if it was the image that was offensive, because personally to me: its hilarious!

edit: Okay I will post the image here, and if you really do think its offensive let me know (here or pm) so I can edit it out, I just don't like the feeling of searching for deleted posts.
Wasn't me. But I would personally prefer we avoid embedding animated gifs...

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
just an idea...why don't just change the "minimum 300 posts to tag" to "minimum 300 THANKED to tag"? lol

users with 300 thanked or more, should display some intra/interpersonal quality rather than users with 300 posts...i guess....?

and also, users with 300 thanked should have contributed to the community as well..be it in terms of ideas, applications, facts, or any useful posts..

The Following User Says Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
just an idea...why don't just change the "minimum 300 posts to tag" to "minimum 300 THANKED to tag"? lol

users with 300 thanked or more, should display some intra/interpersonal quality rather than users with 300 posts...i guess....?

and also, users with 300 thanked should have contributed to the community as well..be it in terms of ideas, applications, facts, or any useful posts..
Nah - I fit that criteria and I still see tagtrolling as a fine sport and a great source of entertainment

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by number41 View Post
I see. Well, I'm aware that I went overboard and have said so; I apologize.

On that post, it is so far back now that it makes no sense whatsoever to revisit it, so I'll just leave it be; if you still want to report it, go ahead.

Also, while I strive not to become ignore material, I can't do a thing should you decide do to it.

Once again, I'm aware I went oveboard, but I so did in what I thought would be a way to contribute to the community.
Fair enough. You seem like a smart bloke with a degree of humility in admitting that.

Don't be a fool though and align yourself with the likes of abill_uk, who posseses none of the above qualities. Why do you think so many tags spring up about him? Not just from one person either.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by one1002 View Post

I suggested this in one of the other of the three threads on this topic currently active (should be merged). But I'd suggest 150 'thanks' (as then I'd qualify). I also suggested a 'no thanks' option, with each 'no thanks' subtracting two from the 'thanked' total.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Closed Thread

Tags
tag abuse, tag system, tagging