Active Topics

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Just recently, when my n900 battery is in the red, I will plug the charger into the wall and n900, a message will come up saying "charging" and my battery icon will start animating yet when I remove the charger at a later time, the battery has not charged at all and remains almost drained.

This does not always happen bu it's starting to annoy me. Any ideas?

This has happened to me on occasion. Don't know what the problem is, but it seems to solve itself by my plugging the N900 into a different outlet. I'd be interested to know why this happens, as well.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by RockCreek1 View Post
This has happened to me on occasion. Don't know what the problem is, but it seems to solve itself by my plugging the N900 into a different outlet. I'd be interested to know why this happens, as well.
Tried a different outlet and even a different house, no difference. Sometimes it's fine charging, other times, I've wasted a few hours thinking it's charging when in fact it's been draining further...

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I can't really be sure what is causing your problem, but battery charging on the N900 is software controlled so it is possible it will be fixed by reflashing, before reflashing you can try just reinstalling the packages related to battery management
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall bme-rx-51 hald-addon-bme libbmeipc0
I doubt reinstalling those packages will fix it but shouldn't hurt, so is worth a shot. There is also the possibility that it is hardware related, maybe a dodgy charger, it is worth trying different charger if you can.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
You won't have this problem if you get a separate charger. Of course, you have to be able to afford about $10.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
I had a similar problem, re-flashing solved the issue.
My Favourite posts!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
http://forums.precentral.net/2674180-post149.html
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=500
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63720

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Bangladesh
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
I can't really be sure what is causing your problem, but battery charging on the N900 is software controlled so it is possible it will be fixed by reflashing, before reflashing you can try just reinstalling the packages related to battery management
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall bme-rx-51 hald-addon-bme libbmeipc0
I doubt reinstalling those packages will fix it but shouldn't hurt, so is worth a shot. There is also the possibility that it is hardware related, maybe a dodgy charger, it is worth trying different charger if you can.
when i try to reinstall bme i get this

"Errors were encountered while processing : account-plugin-salut
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)"

Any idea guys ? thanks

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Bangladesh
Problrm solved. Thanks to qole.

What did u do?? could you please post the solution

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by obhishap View Post
Problrm solved. Thanks to qole.
As this is a help forum it would be really nice of you to at least post the solution so that anyone can read lol.