Notices

Originally Posted by Grant View Post
The new old deb works for me, thanks! Any way to use the new gray icons with the older widget version layout?
...-old2.deb in first post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sethkha For This Useful Post:
Very Nice!
Attached Images

sethkha, I use YellowNotes on a daily basis as a "to do" reminder list and for random note taking. I greatly appreciate your improvements. You've made it my favorite widget.

I was playing around with the icons today, and noticed that the edit icon in the older widget layout doesn't seem to be pulling the corresponding edit_n.png image from ~/.yellownotes/ (as seen in my screenshot above). Can you help?

Also, I really like how you've increased the on-screen size of the edit function box with your new widget version. Can this be incorporated into the older layout as well?

OK this was your third wish then, it shall be granted.
...-old3.deb

I don't know where the problem with the icon comes from. It works for me in simulator. Try renaming any other icon to edit_n.png, maybe a typo. (maybe mine ? -old3.deb should work correctly). If not, the problem has to be solved with the icons in ~/.yellownotes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sethkha For This Useful Post:
sethkha, you're the man! old3.deb works great for me, thanks again. The problem with the icon seemed to be specific to the original edit_n.png file. I was able to replace that icon with a different .png and it works with the older style layout.

it worked for me by just copying the icon in another folder. deleting the edit_n icon from the .yellownotes folder and copying the icon from that other folder back in the
.yellownotes

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I'm resurrecting this thread for a question:
is it possible to backup/restore the contents of .yellownotes with the stock backup application? It's quite annoying to reflash, restore your backup, and finding none of your notes.
Thanks

I don't use the stock backup application. I could imagine that it's nothing more than some command lines, so it could be theoretically possible (clear: I don't know).
I'd recommend to use BackupMenu. This could also save you from reflashing. Or backup ~/.yellownotes manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to sethkha For This Useful Post:
hi can someone tell me where are the icons for this app is stored thanks

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I'm resurrecting this thread for a question:
is it possible to backup/restore the contents of .yellownotes with the stock backup application? It's quite annoying to reflash, restore your backup, and finding none of your notes.
Thanks
If the files are stored on 32GB emmc then you should not have a problem?
Reflash does not touch that.
Maybe someone can modify this program to store the contents of the notes on the eMMC

Should not be a hard task.. (should?)