Active Topics

Notices

Hi all.

As an techie user no dev user I want to ask whether it's safe to install the enhanced kernel? whether I need it & how exactly do i make the phone perform less laggy with the new swappolube which has asked to get updated to 1.1-6. I was given some setttings which I tried in x-term didn't work because I didn't know how to enter the code properly. I have used proposed settings from the older version of swappolube & enhanced contacts search 0.5 has been updated.

Conky tells me info on version of kernel installed. I think it's standard version that comes with 20.2010.36-2 latest nokia firm! I have like 94 programs including widgets pedometer, clock, omweather, photo slideshow, email, plus shortcuts, mediaplayer, fm transmitter, custom backgrounds for humanity theme. plus 6 contacts widgets. A cpu memory widget is telling me I have 136MB & cpu load. I have the autodisconnect & 2g/3g mode switcher installed

So will the ehanced kernel be safe to install. conky says linux 2.8.26. 148 processes. Are these values ok. RAM: 169M/240MB, SWAP: 17.7M/768MB, rootfs: 144M/277MB, home: 427M/197GB - 1.45G, MyDocs: 5.98G/27.00G - 21.00G.

thanks,

L33TINT13H

Yes.

-___-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Get 46 version from devel, also, get the power modules, it goes bananas randomly if no modules.

Otherwise safe.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

What exactly will it be helpful with. will it speed up the interface & everything seem smooother & faster?

Don't have devel repos on phone. Don't know address?

Can I just install over top of everything already have?

EASY MODE:

Add development repository.

Ignore all those boring *** warnings.

Find power kernel in application manager and install that ****.

Reboot.

Read this mutha.

Job done.

Originally Posted by 1337INT13H View Post
What exactly will it be helpful with. will it speed up the interface & everything seem smooother & faster?
It will make the phone faster, smoother and your battery last longer. What is there NOT to like?

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
*Yawn* OC that b*tch to 1Ghz and then tell me there's no performance increase.

Nice to see you at another OC p-a-r-t-y vi_ ....

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
It will make the phone faster, smoother and your battery last longer. What is there NOT to like?
Thanks. Loving the advice as usual!

Are you sure that version 46 is stable? There is a warning that Extras-devel could be unstable. If ver 46 is stable & has it gone through extras-testing, extras - quality assurance process??