Active Topics

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Solved. I had rogue processes. I did test too many things this morning, definitely.
Batteries I got are the blue one, with a very nice package
ok, please post later how they are compared to japod / stock

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Just received my Scud batteries and had my cover ready.

i Used the cantruchd method and it works so well its kinda crazy compared to stock.

Thanks a lot to you both

The Following User Says Thank You to electristan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I think I'll try cantruchd's way first since it is nondestructive.

Do you think it would be better to use a more conductive material like a copper wire? Or should the difference to solder be negligible? IANAE (I am not an electrician) :P

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I would recommend copper-wire or normal wire

I will be doing this mod to myself, i am waiting on 2 more scuds, i really like the non intrusive way that 'cantruchd' did, i will of course be using wire of some sort, everything should be fine with this mod and the really good thing is you can peal off the tape and make 2 single battery's if you wanted, but thrust me when you first get a dual setup and get the very long battery time/life you don't want to go back, and again the mugen cover helps on typing etc...

It actually feels awkward when it is 'thin'

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I got my Scuds. I am not going to test them objectively.

Does anyone actually use the little pouch they come with?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I got my Scuds. I am not going to test them objectively.

Does anyone actually use the little pouch they come with?
If you're using it as a spare battery to keep in your pocket, the pouch will prevent it from shorting against your keys/coins/whatever is in there, I guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to put my two cents in...

I got a Scud. It was fully charged and unhooked from charger at about 7:30 am yesterday (April 6). It is now about 7:30 pm (April 7), and I still have about a 50% charge. Light usage over the last two days, but stock battery would have needed recharged last night under the same situation. Difinitely two thumbs up. This is using single battery, not the double-battery mod.

The Following User Says Thank You to FranzDages For This Useful Post:
After 1 charge in my Scud, today i kept 3G and gprs connected the whole day, disabled autodisconnect entirely. After 10 hours I still have 27% remaining according to advanced battery meter. Can't wait to have double

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I think I'll try cantruchd's way first since it is nondestructive.

Do you think it would be better to use a more conductive material like a copper wire? Or should the difference to solder be negligible? IANAE (I am not an electrician) :P
I think there's not much difference in those as the length is very short (<1cm), I used solder wire because it was available and it is more 'bendable' (means that if you bend it it will stay bended and not revert to it previous shape), and the diameter/thickness of the solder wire is just right (not easily get off the batts. and not hard to push in).

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
Do you know if there is anything wrong with the charging management in PR 1.3? mine never charge to 4.2V, so dr_frost_dk's script never show 100%. Could it be possible that the system compare the resistor's mAh(A) to the mAh being charge(B) and when B > A then it just stop charging?
Any idea?

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc