Originally Posted by rohanhole View Post
boot.scr is not found and partition 3 is not valid error !!!
followed all the steps exactly !!!
Where is the problem ???
when using windows the file u download will not show the bz2 extension so you will assume you have the raw file. So use winrar to unpack what u downloaded and the real raw file will appear after unpacking...trust me thats what i did

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NJ, USA
Originally Posted by danrweki View Post
when using windows the file u download will not show the bz2 extension so you will assume you have the raw file. So use winrar to unpack what u downloaded and the real raw file will appear after unpacking...trust me thats what i did
I did this i used 7zip, and extracted the *.raw file and then used image writer to put it into the microSD card, but still getting the same error. I hope I am late in this conversation, is there any other new/easy way?

I also observed that I get "Memory card format unsupported" message after writing the image to microSD.

I tried formating the microSD in FAT, FAT32, still no go. Please help.

Last edited by must4get; 2010-12-16 at 17:40.

I did this when the image was first made available. I then went to the MeeGo repo yesterday and downloaded image 1.1.8, MeeGo's really coming along. Still slow though.

[QUOTE=Parody;866190]Well I ran Meego on a SanDisk class 2 microSD card.
It ran slow as hell, but it was pretty nice to look around in, I uninstalled it now and am back on the power kernel

hey hey hey,
how did you installed meego on class 2 sd card, i got a sam clas card but whenever i write meego image on the card my sd card gets corrupted, i have tried writing image by all possoble ways, but it looks like I am not so lucky, i dont know if I amy writing a wrong image as well on the card because of which it must be getting corrupted, well can anybody suggest which will be latest version of meego image and where can i download it from??or what could be my problem??
plz plz plz help guys

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by zylor View Post
Ok i found a way to dual boot meego 1.1 and maemo WITHOUT flashing maemo!
What you need BEFORE doing this tutorial:
  • The repository of extras-devel
  • A MicroSD card with 2Gb or more!! (class 6 is advised due to performance issues in Meego)

Secondly is to download this file:
  • meego-handset-armv7l-n900-final-mod-1.1.0.0.20101101.3-mmcblk0p.raw.bz2

From this site:
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/meego-codedrop.php (you need to input your IMEI to download)

Then after the download is done, extract the file using Winrar or 7zip (google for this two programs)
You will see a file with this name:
meego-handset-armv7l-n900-final-mod-1.1.0.0.20101101.3-mmcblk0p.raw

After this download this program:
Win32diskimager (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD)

After this open win32diskimager and HIT the blue icon and open the folder where you extracted the file: meego-handset-armv7l-n900-final-mod-1.1.0.0.20101101.3-mmcblk0p.raw

After this start typing the name of the file until you can select it from the list that appears!

After the file is selected,
select the letter of the MicroSD card where the meego image is going to be written:

And after all that is done hit: WRITE

You will see that a confirmation will come up and you can hit YES!

It will take some time to write the image to the microSD!

After the image is written to the microSD you will need to download uboot-pr1.3

Go to the file manager and search for uboot-pr13 and install it!

You can download it via x-terminal using this:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install uboot-pr13
After it is installed you can reboot and it will reboot in meego!

Have some patience because meego will take some time to start!

After you experience meego and if you want to remove it just run this command in x-terminal:
Code:
apt-get --reinstall kernel-flasher
And format the microSD!

Pros of this tutorial:
  • You will have the opportunity to experience meego;
  • Dual-boot to have the opportunity to exchange between two OS's
  • Experience something new!

Cons of this process:
  • Meego isn't finished by 100% so expect some bugs;
  • I won't help with meego bugs because you are experiencing something that is in a beta stage and NOT A FINAL PRODUCT;
  • VERY SLOW but still atractive though :P

Have fun!

Edit:

To boot maemo instead of meego:

Hit any key to stop the N900 from booting into meego and write this in the console:
Code:
run noloboot
And it will boot into Maemo

(thanks DrWilken for the tip!)
Thanks to your instructions, i succeeded install meego in my sdcard (8gb class4).
However, when i format the sdcard, and uninstall uboot-pr 13, the uboot-screen still appear at the beginning of turning on device. Although, it could boot to maemo yet after this screen, it made me annoyed . So anybody can tell me why and what i could do to completely remove uboot-pr 13 (including uboot-screen)

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
Thanks, seems very easy but Im gonna wait til meego is actually useable.
and do you have any idea when it is actually be useable ?

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Originally Posted by zylor View Post
personally those issues i think, are related to the image of meego being written the wrong way in the microSD card.
Try to format the microSD in windows with the volume data set to
fat32 and retry the tutorial!
Maybe that will work!
I hope someone can help me with this

Well i tried to put some music into it but i couldn't but you should be able to reproduce some music and navegate the web, but calls and sms are not available yet.
This build is for tests only, i think!
Ok this is what i am getting right after i flash the meego kernel using flasher.3.5

Sorry about pic quality could only take it with my N8 cant print screen at that point.

http://i51.tinypic.com/qox6p2.jpg

These are the files i have to get me going

meego-handset-armv7l-n900-1.1.99.0.20110329.5-vmlinuz-2.6.37-8.4-adaptation-n900 (KERNEL)

meego-handset-armv7l-n900-1.1.99.0.20110329.5-mmcblk0p (IMAGE)

Just hope i have the right stuff

And also i made sure it formmated in fat32 under windows.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
also when i extract the RAW image files to get the .image files

i get a new folder with the following

0 disk image filed 1,708,984KB
1 disk image file 7,813KB
2 disk image file 31,250KB

im assuming i use disk image 0 1.7gb in size but what are the other two files for?

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Thanks for the instructions. Worked perfectly on a 2 GB card with the latest image. I was able to make and receive calls on meego... Yaaaaaaaaaaaay... Looks good though.

Is there any way to do this by using internal n900 memory? - like creating additional partition that would contain meego.