Closed Thread
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
yes i did 5 times........

my n900 is asking for forgiveness.
i apt-get update every hour.
btw: any downside using swaplube with cssu and power kernel 46?
when using twimgo it becomes sometimes unresponsive.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Am I the only one getting blue balls waiting for the CSSU update?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to excelar8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Chill. they'll be bluer if the update is rushed out not fully tested. Mohammed doesn't want or need several hundred n00bs moaning that the update has broken something on their phone...

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
There's actually no reason for it to be part of the CSSU either. To avoid legal issues the changes would be developed as a patch which, at install time, modified the files on a user's machine. This is similar to the approach on #11976. This package could then go in Extras, entirely independent of the CSSU.

The big advantage here is that these two big infrastructural projects are then split up and don't hold each other up; allowing more rapid iterative development and deployment.

Although when I mentioned this to the "patch" developers, they didn't seem to enthusiastic about this approach; preferring to ship code copyrighted to other people. Not going to happen on "official" maemo.org packages, IMHO.
I did try the patch method and it didn't work out. I tried on a virtual machine with ubuntu, even installed another app that does patches (forgot the name but a member here suggested it) and still the patch file did not work (it made a file that was larger than the original and basically had all the javascript code still). I'm guessing it didn't work as the original javascript code has been heavily condensed and hence all the code is one single line which the patch tool didn't seem to like too much (I also condensed the modified javascript code so that it would be easier). If it is possible to make a patch file (maybe an argument I didn't see before), can you please PM me the details.

I won't be adding the html code to the server code at all, and so I hope the patch method works as it'll allow users to add the extra features easier.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Do any of you think that the cssu + the new device harmatten coming out soon could spark a new stage for the maemo /meego plaform namely r

roms galore
maybe more people would be attracted to these platforms and more devs modder and crackers and they would each develop a * tweaked* platform just like what is happening on the android scene

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by travla View Post
I have what I think is a small request (but maybe not so easy to implement). Would it be possible to get a portrait pop-up for dropdown menus in MicroB? As it stands, if you click a dropdown menu in portrait, it performs the transition to landscape for the menu, and then reverts back to portrait (assuming you made the selection remaining in portrait mode).
Unfortunately the MicroB UI is closed-source so I don't think this is something that can be fixed by the community outside Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
no back to my fonts problem, i've been noticing more places where my old fonts are still there, such as the widgets settings.... anyone got a solution ?

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
no back to my fonts problem, i've been noticing more places where my old fonts are still there, such as the widgets settings.... anyone got a solution ?
have you try purging themes customizer from your phone???
you should try purge themes customizer first then delete all custom settings that left by themes customizer in the themes folder...reboot then re-install themes customizer...

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
have you try purging themes customizer from your phone???
you should try purge themes customizer first then delete all custom settings that left by themes customizer in the themes folder...reboot then re-install themes customizer...
guess what, after i remover theme customizer, and rebooted, the phone went back to the n-series theme + the faenza icons ! + the old fonts that are bugging me !!!

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade