well im having problems downloading the software.....could u zip it and email to me sdali1@hotmail.com and i'll try figure out from there thanks .............

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by meticulous1 View Post
well im having problems downloading the software.....could u zip it and email to me sdali1@hotmail.com and i'll try figure out from there thanks .............
It's in the network category of the application manager. After installing it on the N900, just use a Software like WinSCP on your PC to connect to it if you are not familiar with the command line. But be careful, don't change or delete arbitrary files, as that might cause your device not to boot any more. In that case, you would need to reflash. Also keep in mind that if you don't choose a secure password during installation, others might be able to connect to your phone when you're connected to a WLAN.

Last edited by gidoca; 2010-03-17 at 21:24.

I fixed a Bluetooth issue on the n900 by the following method (a bit of a combination of other posts & hopefully in layman's terms!)

A Warning - you need to be 'root' to do this (Administrator privileges), doing anything in root can kill your phone, if you follow this you won't break anything, if you muck about with anything else or any other file/folders you may kill your phone, and then you will need to wipe it and re-flash - not fun!

Also, by doing this, you will wipe any Bluetooth profiles/connections you have - you will need to re-connect with your devices again.

Open the X Terminal program

You should be in /home/user directory

You need to be 'root' to do this type:
sudo gainroot

You should now be root (super user) - to check, type: whoami - when you press enter, it should say 'root'

Now type the following:
cd /var/lib/blu*

You should now see and be in directory: /var/lib/bluetooth

Now type:
ls (That is LS in lowercase)

You should see at least 2 folders, one will be a MAC address which will look something like this: 08:00:69:02:01:FC And maybe a folder called 'maemo-callerid-allowed', and maybe some other folders. You are only interested in the MAC address, so now do this:

Now type:
cd 08*

NOTE: I put 08* as my MAC address example begins with 08, just replace that with what ever your MAC address directory shows as, the * just saves you having to type all the MAC address, as there is only one directory beginning with 08, you can put * for the system to do the rest

Now type:
ls (That is LS in lowercase)

You will now see the below folders

classes
config
did
eir
featured
lastseen
lastused
linkkeys
manufacturers
names
profiles
sdp
trusts

They are all to do with Bluetooth, you now need to rename each folder to the same name but with .old on the end, so if you ever need to, you can move it back, or access the old data within it - this will ensure you are backing up your data - there may be a quicker way in UNIX to do this on mass, but I am not a true geek (yet!)

Do this for each folder - and if you have any additional folders than I list above, do it for them also!

To change the name of each directory, type this:

mv classes classes.old [this changes the name of the classes directory to classes.old]
- Repeat this for every folder, example: mv config config.old etc until they are all changed

To check the status (if you think you have forgotten one) type:
ls (That is LS in lowercase) - This will list all the files and folders, if any are left just mv [original name] [original name.old]

Once all folders are renamed, the system will basically think it has no Bluetooth settings or information, and it should make all the folders again with clean brand new files in them with the default NokiaN900 name - to check this worked, turn the phone off, and back on, then go into Bluetooth settings... fingers crossed it works for you!

could anyone please upload the contents of /var/lib/bluetooth ? I had the same issue a while ago (but I believe mine is linked to overclocking) and now, all I have in that directory is a file called "maemo-callerid-none".

I know that my MAC address won't be the same, but I would like to try.

I think you need the bluetooth MAC address as a folder, it would be specific to your phone - not sure how to find your phone BT MAC address, do a search, and then add it as a folder under /var/lib/bluetooth

Old thread I know - this is search fodder really.

simple answer : power off, remove battery for a while (a minute), restart.

I've just had this problem and after much hunting it seems that if you have a problem with bluetooth not working and the bluetooth MAC address not appearing in the "about product" then there may be a problem with the BT chip.

I saw:
# dmesg | grep hci
[26616.798797] hci_h4p hci_h4p: Registering HCI H4P device
[26616.930725] hci_h4p hci_h4p: No cts from bt chip
[26616.930877] hci_h4p: probe of hci_h4p failed with error -110

See: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9895

HTH