Active Topics

Notices

it is veryy fantastic application. installed it from ( Extras-Testing ) & satisfying with it...
Software: PR.1.3

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
The only problem I've had with it is that I haven't been able to 'acknowledge' that I've had a missed call. It basically keeps beeping / vibrating until I reboot my phone if I've missed a call. Even if I called the person back.

Anyone else having this issue? It's happened to me twice. Otherwise it's awesome and works well.

slaapliedje
it works very well with me

I hope the software can also include where did the call come from.

The Following User Says Thank You to truelies1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by !!Nokia N900!! View Post
it works very well with me
I have the same issue and it drives me crazy.

Hello everyone,

Regarding the matter of call notify (some people have it working and others not), the following steps will hopefully help out those not getting it to work.

1. remove any previous version of call notify and start from scratch.

2. enter xterminal and type:

root

apt-get install hildon-desktop-python-loader

apt-get install callnotify

(if any yes or no is asked always enter Y)

3. Without the need of any reboot it should be working properly (Always finger crossed.... lol).

I have personally tested this method on my phone and working 100% with all notifictions.

kindly if you have any further troubles please ask,

Khodor Hijazi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khodorhijazi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi Everyone,

I would like to let you know that my N900 died a couple of weeks ago (USB connector issue). This ends my love/hate relationship with this magnificent device.

So, as I haven't touched the CallNotify code for the last couple of months, I guess I won't be doing any modification to it from now on, mostly because I don't have a device to test it on (and no motivation as I was developing this mostly for myself ).

The latest version of the code is at the garage (as it has always been there).
Please feel free to keep improving and enhancing this tool if you wish.

Also, I want to say a giant THANK YOU for this wonderful community of developers, from which I have learned so much.

Omer

Last edited by omeriko9; 2011-04-10 at 06:14.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Thank you for your time and skills! I have used CallNotify since day one and still happy using it!
Community will miss you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I would like to let you know that my N900 died a couple of weeks ago (USB connector issue). This ends my love/hate relationship with this magnificent device.

So, as I haven't touched the CallNotify code for the last couple of months, I guess I won't be doing any modification to it from now on, mostly because I don't have a device to test it on (and no motivation as I was developing this mostly for myself ).

The latest version of the code is at the garage (as it has always been there).
Please feel free to keep improving and enhancing this tool if you wish.

Also, I want to say a giant THANK YOU for this wonderful community of developers, from which I have learned so much.

Omer
a quick question, what language did u write callnotify with?

thanks!

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Python for the hildon desktop plugin, and C for the settings addon.

Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Thanks Ceevee.

Has anyone tried this patched version out? Call Notify was a really useful app while it was working and I'd love to have it again but not being a developer and having not a great deal of modding experience I'm always apprehensive installing apps that aren't in the Extras repo as it takes me so long to restore the phone to the way I like if I brick it.
I was also having this issue is there a way ti figure out these values I am trying the patch now but fear sending it up stream as only a few pepole have the issue I would like to patch the upstream so it extracts the values from the system or sets them based on some baseband version of the phone stack