Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
hi marxian.

I made a .ts file how I mentioned above...
It's not a final german translation, but maybe it helps you to implement it...
I will correct it if it gets implemented
Thanks. I'm new to Qt translation myself, but I'll get started on the task.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
Do I need to change lines like
Code:
name: "portrait"
to
Code:
name: qsTr("portrait")
, too ?

...I'm just learning...
No, the translation is only needed for displayed text. The 'name' property in this case is an identifier that is used to switch between states (to which various property changes and transitions etc can be attached).

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Why the full screen mode is now gone? Also Downloading video is no longer work as well. It won't download and usually duplicate the list after crashed or forced quit.

Please fix it. This new version suck!lol
C'mon mate, I don't see you spending your spare time maintaining a project like this. There is no need for disparaging comments like "this new version sucks" is there?

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
getting there... :P

Last edited by NightShift79; 2011-04-11 at 20:18.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
MohammadAG told me that I should post some info on getting video playback to work via QML. Here's the mailing list post with the useful information:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.com...ty.general/726

Basically, you need to install Qt Mobility 1.2, then set the environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/qtm12/plugins and also view.engine()->addImportPath(QLatin1String("/opt/qtm12/imports")); which in Python simply becomes view.engine().addImportPath('/opt/qtm12/imports'). Then video playback works. If you have problems with the OpenGL viewport, try disabling it and see if this fixes the problem, although achipa said that he fixed the OpenGL colorkey in a recent Qt Mobility upload, I wasn't able to test it yet.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Hey Marxian, here is a good idea

Why not let the app downloading in the background without consuming too much resource such as RAM?

Seems like the QMLtube consume quite a bit of resource. Also will there be internal media player instead of using the gay default Maemo5 media player? Sometimes when stream is lost the media player crashed and stopped playing anything until the next reboot.

I like the idea of the CuteTube but with a smoother transition when rotate.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
A good suggestion would be a home button or put the feature under menu which would take you back to the start

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
C'mon mate, I don't see you spending your spare time maintaining a project like this. There is no need for disparaging comments like "this new version sucks" is there?
Well mate, that last line is only being sarcastic. did you not see the "LOL"? You got to make joke sometimes in life and this is one of them. Beside Marxian doesn't mind :P he knows that we all liked his works that is why we are using and testing it. If i'm not using it then I wouldn't bother posting comment

Anyway we are still mates right? no big upset right?

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Exit confirmation also added if a download is in progress:
Lol, That reminds me to:

Edit: for the ones that doesn't know what I'm talking about:
Phoenix Wright, AWESOME game!

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-04-11 at 21:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Loving this release, thanks.

Would much prefer mplayer as the media player though.

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube