Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by K9999 View Post
I finally managed to play "Metal Slug 1", though with a small screen yet. But I realized that is the only game that runs with me, I tried "Metal Slug 2, 3, & 4" it says
- ms2_c1.rom [************************************************** **
or
- This ROM is unloaded because Gengo could not find a suitable drive to handle it

Same goes to King og Fighters 2001

but KOF 2002 starts loading, then the green screen, then black out and nothing happens till I stop the emulator.

Do I need more BIOS or different ones to support these games??
Maybe you need more bios, try mame bios aswell, similar with kof2002, gngeo returns a error message like 'something really wrong happened' don't remember, but the app recognizes rom, then crashes before load. Some bigger roms require to dump .gfx file to make them smaller, so gngeo can play, it is called WinDump or so (for Windows systems) , but I haven't tried that yet. You get screen small because you have OS2008 version installed. Will try to make a small tutorial tomorrow or later. And a video on Youtube.

Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Maybe your bios and roms aren't on 'Mydocs/roms folder' .

Install XGngeo, would be a lot easier than x-term.

Also try 'gngeo/bin/gngeo mslug' ... After having bios and roms on MyDocs/roms folder.
using XGngeo, after i set the paths and save (all lines are green), i go to choose the rom file and i get:
"this rom is unloadable because gngeo could not find any suitable driver to handle it".

i have in the roms folder all the 4 rom bios files (also in MyDocs/Roms) and still not working.

any ideas?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Maybe you need more bios, try mame bios aswell, similar with kof2002, gngeo returns a error message like 'something really wrong happened' don't remember, but the app recognizes rom, then crashes before load. Some bigger roms require to dump .gfx file to make them smaller, so gngeo can play, it is called WinDump or so (for Windows systems) , but I haven't tried that yet. You get screen small because you have OS2008 version installed. Will try to make a small tutorial tomorrow or later. And a video on Youtube.
owh Mame,, yea I had that installed before this one, I did not fully understood the way it works and reads the bios, I unzipped the game and the bios into one folder then zip it all under the game's name (I dun know if I'm doing it wrong but I read it is this way).
Maaaahhhn u would do a great favor if u do so,, after all thanx for replying
I'll try ur method 2day and see how it goes.

Probably is because you need to dump the rom before, what is the file size? Or you need to check you romrc file and see if it has kof2002 added, even if it has, sometimes there is this message (run unloadable, not suitable driver...). Then you need to try different rom versions, I also don't get kof2002, kof2000 and mslug4 or 5 to work, you gotta find games elsewhere and or snk drivers to add manually to romrc file. Wait for my tutorial for normal screen playing, here are 2 screenshots:
Attached Images

TUTORIAL for GNgeo (NeoGeo emulator)

I wanted to make easier to install this great emulator. I am following third parties instructions, so I am not responsable for any damage you may have. Try not using other apps while running GNgeo.

--Check your App Man to check if you have GNgeo installed, if you have, remove it.

--Download Emulator files from here:
http://hotfile.com/dl/108748653/a716...ry.tar.gz.html
Save it to your MyDocs folder (32GB) on N900,

--Using X Terminal type:
cd /home/user
tar xvzf MyDocs/gngeo-0.7-n900-binary.tar.gz

--Install XGngeo v. 16-2 from App Man (optional)

--create a folder 'Roms' on your MyDocs folder, drop all the bios you find (unziped) and your neogeo games in zip format.

--on X Terminal type 'gngeo/bin/gngeo yourgamename' press Enter.

--Install Filebox from App Man (You'll need it to access home\user\.gngeo\gngeorc file. long press on gngeorc, edit p1key line for keys mapping (According to the ascii table ( www.asciitable.com ), don't mess too much with this file or create a backup first if you want to try some configurations out.

Under important paths, the first line is your bios ( /home/user/MyDocs/Roms ), the second is your drives ( /home/user/gngeo/share/gngeo/romrc.d ), third is emulator itself 'executable' gngeo v 0.7 ( /home/user/gngeo/bin/gngeo ). Those paths should be the correct ones and all of them should be geen instead of red. If you've done everything right, you will be able to play Neogeo games on your N900 after it.

Any doubt, post on this threath, I'll be checking it daily. Will post a Youtube video tomorrow with emulator running, I need to charge my ps3 controller before.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gleydsonpr For This Useful Post:
Good work. Have you managed to work out how to make it full screen?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
Gleydsonpr, you're the man

I managed to re-map some of the buttons using the ASCII table but couldn't figure out how to map the directional buttons to the left, right, up and down keys on the N900.

Anyone got any idea?

Fullscreen is under graphics settings on XGngeo, doesn'tt actually make the output image bigger, just centralize it, but can't use volume keys and/or some other screen transitions, emulator crashes sometimes especially if initialized by X Term.

About key mapping: On mine is 273,274,276,275 wich is UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT . Follow asciitable values.

The Following User Says Thank You to gleydsonpr For This Useful Post: