Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
Hi marxian.

I've attached englisch and german .ts and .qm files.
Also I have included the corresponding changed .qml files
(qmltube 0.3.6)

I just set the
Code:
  Text {     text: qsTr("__hello__")
hope to see multi language in one of the next versions.

You rock!
Thanks mate. I promise I will take a good look at this tomorrow. I haven't had the time today, as I wanted to get the database issues sorted.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
take you're time.we're not in a hurry.

Maybe this site helps:
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/linguist-programmers.html

The Following User Says Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hey,

the app rocks and gets better and better (even an iPhone developer was quite impressed with its smoothness when I showed him today ;-) ), but whenever I try to download as audio file it failes...

What can I do to resolve or debug this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Hey,

the app rocks and gets better and better (even an iPhone developer was quite impressed with its smoothness when I showed him today ;-) ), but whenever I try to download as audio file it failes...

What can I do to resolve or debug this?
At what point does it fail? The download process is the same regardless of whether you choose audio only or video. The only difference is that the audio stream is extracted and saved, then the video input file is deleted (if extraction is successful).

Also, do you have the latest version installed (0.3.6). It's only been in the repos a short while. I've actually just finished downloading as an audio file, and it worked fine. Try running from the x-term:

Code:
run-standalone.sh /opt/usr/bin/qmltube
Check the output for any errors. You can ignore any warnings about QNetworkConfigurationPrivatePointer.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-12 at 21:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
At what point does it fail? The download process is the same regardless of whether you choose audio only or video. The only difference is that the audio stream is extracted and saved, then the video input file is deleted (if extraction is successful).

Also, do you have the latest version installed (0.3.6). It's only been in the repos a short while. I've actually just finished downloading as an audio file, and it worked fine. Try running from the x-term:

Code:
run-standalone.sh /opt/usr/bin/qmltube
Check the output for any errors. You can ignore any warnings about QNetworkConfigurationPrivatePointer.
Found the issue:
Was trying to download a file as audio which I already had as video in archive...

(fyi: It just said queued->failed and gave no error when started from xTerm)

Found the issue:
Was trying to download a file as audio which I already had as video in archive...

(fyi: It just said queued->failed and gave no error when started from xTerm)
That raises an interesting point. Perhaps I should adjust the download code to enable overwriting (with some kind of warning notification).

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
yeah thanks...

seriously there was like 33 pages when i asked, i have found it though, i mean how hard would it of been to have just typed in the below for me or anyone else viewing who didn't know

xh: + query - search X Hamster
yj: + query - search YouJizz

by people sometimes

Originally Posted by slender View Post
search, read this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to colm.smyth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
That raises an interesting point. Perhaps I should adjust the download code to enable overwriting (with some kind of warning notification).
Why overwrite?
Why not make it possible to save both, audio AND video of one file?

Great app Marxian! How do you go about playing a succession of videos in a playlist or queue through kmplayer or media player. That was a killer feature for me on the first cutetube. Or is it not yet implemented?

Thanks for all your hard work!

The Following User Says Thank You to m2k For This Useful Post:
Why overwrite?
Why not make it possible to save both, audio AND video of one file?
Yes. That's what I'll end up doing.

Originally Posted by m2k View Post
Great app Marxian! How do you go about playing a succession of videos in a playlist or queue through kmplayer or media player. That was a killer feature for me on the first cutetube. Or is it not yet implemented?

Thanks for all your hard work!
It hasn't been implemented yet (at least not for external media players). I have done some work on it for an internal QML player, but I need to do some more work before I can include it.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-12 at 22:27.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube