Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
I my be wrong without checking but I think there is already a "bug" reported fro SPB problems?
Just to say that I have the SPB French cards and it works perfectly with the CSSU. I haven't installed the latest update as yet so am I right in assuming the bug is related to that? If so i'll hold off I think.

Dan

EDIT: I see it is

Last edited by Dancairo; 2011-04-13 at 10:49.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Is this a Qt app?

If so then this is a problem that is happening with ALL Qt apps. FastSMSEvo, FastSMS, SpeedCrunch

The developers need to update the version of Qt they use. The new updated version of Qt in the CSSU seems to be causing this problem
Yes, it is a Qt app. the dependencies show several qt libraries ( version >= 4.6)

Originally Posted by balorbule View Post
Yes, it is a Qt app. the dependencies show several qt libraries ( version >= 4.6)
Yeah well then we are gonna have to wait and see if app developers can update their apps to support the new CSSU updated version of Qt.

Or whether we can downgrade back to the previous version of Qt that was in the previous CSSU update.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Yeah well then we are gonna have to wait and see if app developers can update their apps to support the new CSSU updated version of Qt.

Or whether we can downgrade back to the previous version of Qt that was in the previous CSSU update.
Qt Creator doesn't have 4.7.2 for maemo, are libqt4-dev 4.7.2 on repos to get used by autobuilder?

I have tried installing 4.7.0 with the command "apt-get install libqt4-core=4.7.0*" but it will uninstall all packages depending on it to succesfully install, alas removing half the apps. I tought about downloading the libs and forcing an install with dpkg but my fear is I will just create conflicts and mess.

QMediaPlayer class is also no longer working due to a conflict, guess Phonon is fine since SomePlayer has no trouble streaming audio.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
I managed to upgrade to the new Maemo 5 Community SSU after removing "PyQt4 Full Install".
Initially the upgrade failed due to a conflict with LIBQT4-test.
Will now test to see if all are fine.

Thank you Maemo 5 Community SSU devolopers for this great iniative.

Proud owner of a Jolla smart phone
Check this out !
http://www.jollatides.com/

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
I'm not sure what countries enforce it, but in some you legally have to have the shutter sound on a camera. I approve of this after seeing far too many pictures of me with my mouth open and gorming

Last edited by Captwheeto; 2011-04-13 at 13:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Captwheeto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by balorbule View Post
Since I've installed cssu yesterday, spb english cards don't show images anymore. I tried to reinstall but without positive effect. Am I the only one with that issue? Is there a solution.
My spb spanish and russian cards show images just fine.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
The problem isn't the developer to update their Qt Apps ... but the maemo community to fix the Qt Bugs that is contains in Qt 4.7.2 included in this CSSU.

It s make KhtEditor useless too.

There are some bugs in drawing text in QTextEdit and QLineEdit making some part of text invisible. (http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-18720)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by kralde View Post
Fail post XD delete it
[Off-Topic]
Please delete your own posts rather than editing them to ask a moderator to do the job for you. On the edit screen, please look toward the top of the page, above the edit box where you entered the text quoted above. There's a prominent "Delete this Message" section there that allows you to remove your own posts.
[/Off-Topic]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
I'm not sure what countries enforce it, but in some you legally have to have the shutter sound on a camera. I approve of this after seeing far too many pictures of me with my mouth open and gorming
I think it may only be in Korea where oddly some of the N900's are actually made but not sure if any were sold there?

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade