Closed Thread
Email Client

In email client, using Nokia Messaging having setup couple of different emails. You have to click on Nokia Messaging -> Gmail -> Inbox -> (here it shows the unread number of emails on the right of Inbox line) now you can click and read your emails. Good enough ~

but when you have multiple email accounts and you know you have new emails to read. It becomes a mess to keep clicking on different accounts to see where the new emails have arrived and how many. So you end up checking all of them so it is a very poor design choice.

Instead if number of unread emails are shown in front of particular emails, you can know at a glance which account has how many unread emails.

So .. Nokia Messaging -> Gmail (here it shows the unread number of emails on the right) + hotmail or yahoo and so forth -> ..

i hope i was clear in explaining it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
I can confirm this jSpeed is no longer working,Qt problem?
Confirmed and yes, there is a problem with incompatible Qt libraries. This is the output when starting jspeed from terminal:

loaded the Generic plugin
loaded the N900 plugin
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40700) with this library (version 0x40702)
Aborted
Is there an "easy" way to downgrade Qt to 4.7.0. again? I haven't found the time to figure it out yet...

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Since installing CSSU update i have had no problems, cept for the camera rotation problem, shutter noise option would be nice but if it effects the camera performance i can live without it.Screenshots still work for me. I can't find any faults so far, and modest is working well.Roll on next update brilliant work thankyou.

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-05-09 at 19:12.

Dear Team, thank you for the latest update. My N900 just gets better and better!

I have one small request to be considered for inclusion in the next update. In Settings>Display: there is an option to keep the screen lit while charging. When driving, I always keep the charger plugged in and I have this option checked so I can see the Media Player widget etc without the display timing out. This is fine unless the battery is already fully charged when I get in the car. In this situation, I'm currently using the Simple Brightness Applet to force the screen to stay lit regardless, but this is not an ideal solution.

Would it be possible for a further option to be added to the display settings that would force the screen to stay lit while the keyboard is open?

Well CSSU is getting better and better. Just need to fix this Qt library incompatibility issues and this update will be pretty much perfect

I have decided to do a dreaded reflash, gonna have to ssh in and backup ALL my customsised folders thoo

Need to reflash tbh, I want that speed backk and for modest to actually work :P

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Has anyone noticed the battery not lasting as long?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Noord-Holland, Netherlands
i have updated the new cssu to 14.1, and it`s great butt when i use the camera for filming the display goes off that not convenient when using camera its need to turned on, can somebody please look at it

thnx in advanced

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
The incompatibility issues seem to be related to Qt Mobility (which I actually need in a school project), trying to fix this, most probably just needs recompilation against 4.7.2.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Dear CSSU team <sophomoric platitudes>
<My present difficulty due to installing some broken theme horseshit>
<smiley>
<outlandish request>

Soz 4 mi inglish
<smiley>

Last edited by vi_; 2011-04-14 at 10:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Yep, recompiling Qt Mobility against Qt 4.7.2 fixed the issue, will be fixed in the next update.
Camera + display blanking was fixed, see the camera-ui thread.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade