Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by ambinp View Post
how do i install nitdroid in memory card using windows xp?because i am hopeless in using my phone, I accidentally deleted all files in my internal memory and also the usb port is chipped, so there's no way i can reformat it.my last resort is using nitdroid in mmc!pleas, thanks!
You can reformat your memory card, and unarchive the Nitdroid .tar.bz2 and paste all the files/folders to your memory card. Then download the Nitdroid zImage kernel and flash it to your N900 via Maemo Flasher.

after uninstalling wich files do i delete with filebox? Or is it the whole directory in home? Like bin etc and more? I want do a new install because i had nitdriod 0.08 before. I get the new 11 to work but im missing electro beam and the reboot on the hardware keyboard. I think im still on the old 0.08 even though i uninstalled it.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
a small guidance required, please.
I installed n11 successfully. But I want to slightly modify the multiboot behaviour. right now, it waits 30 sec for response and then boots into android.
I want to change this to wait for 5 secs and make maemo the default. Where is the location of the config file that must be edited?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Given that RC3 == the final release for what is known, looks like the same instructions can be applied to the RC3 archive.

(side note: Any issues with reposting that gingerbread-mido.fayad-2.3.3-rc3 link, now that it's been released?)

(another side note: just what exactly was in RC1, RC2 that was worth all that effort to hide?)

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
Hi Friend,

I'll do this for you once I have free time; been very busy lately. By the way, for a video tutorial installation you may want to check the first post. That video assumes you already copied the needed files to your N900.
naah i know how to install it, i jsut wanted to check the performance thats, all, never mind, i already downloaded the vostok files....

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
okay more problems from above....
first of all when i boot into maemo, none of the windows have the close/cross button on top right. its gone. i can onle ctrl-backspace to close apps.
seecondly, i had installed powerkernal and overclocked maemo to 800. Now when i type kernel-config show in xterm, i get:
this kernel version 2.6.28-omap1 is not supported.

please help me somebody

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
when I installed multiboot-kernel-power-46-android-kernel and reboot, i only see maemo omap and maemo kernel-power.....where's nitdroid?

help!!!

EDIT: oohh...video above...might help...

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
@ ejasmudar YouŽll need to reinstall kernel-power after installing NITDroid. Check the bottom of this guide page.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...lling_Nitdroid

The Following User Says Thank You to Flapzapninja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I'd like to use a vfat partition in my micro sd as the sdcard for Nitdroid so my folder MyDocs wouldn't be polluted when installing Android applications.

Does anyone knows how to do it? Nitdroid doesn't seem to have an /etc/mtab to manually edit mountings.

I followed all the instructions on the updated wiki but i'm unable to boot into android. Multiboot gives me the option but just reboots after 5-10 seconds. After loading the android files it shows a few lines which say "init untracked pid" followed by three different numbers each time.

Any suggestionsas to what might have wrong and how I can fix this??

Thanks, your help is much appreciated!

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid