Just wondering. What will I lose doing an EMMC Flash. I have quite alot of stuff backed up in the MyDocs section. Phone backups as well as images and files like that. Will they be saved or completely removed?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I dont understand at all though.

Why does the orange LED flash twice? Does anybody know the actual error thats happening here?
This is natural, mine flashes the led orange twic and then the dots appear. Just leave it 10 mins until it finishes optifying itself.

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
This is natural, mine flashes the led orange twic and then the dots appear. Just leave it 10 mins until it finishes optifying itself.
I really hope so. Never saw this before so it kinda freaked me out :P

Lets pray it works :P Gonna leave it for awhile now

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
If you flash EMMC you will loose your MyDocs stuff completely. (and i believe /opt/ too, thought not sure).
I've just reflashed my phone yesterday (both fiasco and vanilla images) and it was quite fast. around 5 minutes to flash both things, thought it didn't want to start easily after. The dots took a bit but nothing more than 2 or 3 minutes i guess.

Or I probably just lost the sense of time

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
If it doesn't work, before you flash the emmc flash the flash the rescue kernel and you can access the MyDocs folder in USB mass storage mode.

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
If it doesn't work, before you flash the emmc flash the flash the rescue kernel and you can access the MyDocs folder in USB mass storage mode.
Been about 30 minutes now and no change on the dots situation. Something seems wrong to me. Shouldnt take that long even if its optifying itself.

Thanks for the rescue kernel info, didnt know about that. Gonna let the phone charge for an hour or two and then follw them instructions. Well depending on how impatient I get :P

Is there any instructions for using Rescue Initrd on a Windows PC?

Also will RnD mode help at all?

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2011-04-14 at 15:25.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I've never had to install the rescue kernal, but looking at the instructions given, you need to download the packages (the wget commands) then extract and move the relevant files into the right place rhen run the flash command. I google rpm extracter windows and this is the first thing that came up, so use that or find another program to extract the files within the rpm packages.

Thinking on, it would probably be easier for you to burn an Ubuntu live cd and follow the MeeGo instructions.

Last edited by mrsellout; 2011-04-14 at 16:46.

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I've never had to install the rescue kernal, but looking at the instructions given, you need to download the packages (the wget commands) then extract and move the relevant files into the right place rhen run the flash command. I google rpm extracter windows and this is the first thing that came up, so use that or find another program to extract the files within the rpm packages.

Thinking on, it would probably be easier for you to burn an Ubuntu live cd and follow the MeeGo instructions.
Managed to figure it out using 7zip

All backed up and just need to start flashing the EMMC stuff. Never done this before. Lets hope it all goes smoothly

My Contributions

Thanks guys! The EMMC flash worked perfectly

Just restoring all my data noww

My Contributions