Active Topics

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
So how much did you eventually pay? (parts+labour+shipping)??

Hi,

My lcd screen cracked in a bicycle accident. Can you update as to how your experience was with palcocellphonerepair.com? Thanks.

Word of advice: do not try the DIY approach. Reason: screws. I attempted replacing scratched touchscreen myself and ended up paying ca 50 euros extra for the repair. Why? The tiny screws did not come out but instead broke down! The technician told that they are supposed to be replaced on every repair. I have succesfully repaired e.g. motherboards and other stuff but N900 was a total failure.

The Following User Says Thank You to serendip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
i repaired my N95 lcd and they did a great job but they are in the US California . would you want me to get there number ? i would have to find it .

FYI, I am also one of those who snapped the screws when replacing the LCD. I took out 5 of them without problem but failed at the last one....

I eventually sent my phone to palco for repair. They have good price and repaired the device super fast (less than 1 day). But my replacement LCD now have bright spots, and they peeled off my screen protector for no reason. The former issue I would not blame them, it seems to occur on some N900 as well and might be a pressure point issue. The later I am not happy with, I feel there are a couple new scratches, though I cannot say for sure.

In short, if you decide to use them, make sure to tell them not to remove your screen protector and ask them to check for the bright spot (as discussed in http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...445#post989445)!