Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
I have a simple feature request: ID3 tag editing! Something like Someplayer has.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keneraali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Hello.
Nice work with OMP.

This is my experience sofar:
-OMP consumes around 10% more CPU compaired to stock mediaplayer. Its the same problem with for example Someplayer.
-OMP gets muted when I get a call but song doesnt pause.
-Text in Album view is center-aligned, I think it should be left-aligned.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Hello.
Nice work with OMP.

This is my experience sofar:
-OMP consumes around 10% more CPU compaired to stock mediaplayer. Its the same problem with for example Someplayer.
-OMP gets muted when I get a call but song doesnt pause.
-Text in Album view is center-aligned, I think it should be left-aligned.
Someplay does the actual playback itself (with Qt Phonon), OMP uses mafw, which does the playback, the CPU usage is probably due to QProgressBar, you can check this by hiding the bar (it actually stops updating when it's hidden) by tapping the album art, then see CPU usage (in my tests, it was almost 0).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Keneraali View Post
I have a simple feature request: ID3 tag editing! Something like Someplayer has.
please please

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pakistan
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Nope :P
Why?
well thats cause the scroll list was on the left side in the second screenshot

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
this is the most epic media player ever !!!! i love it, thanks a million Mag, maybe some smoothness problems , but now, with the alpha release (i'm still running the first version, don't know if there's an update) and this is way better than the crappy stock media player .
just 2 requests :
- is it possible to have an album view like on s^3 or ios ?? marixan did something like it with the early qml-cutetube developements, it was for videos views .
-can it please please play 720p videos ?????? the s^3 devices can, and it would be nice for it to support 360p, and 480p, the stock media player didn't !!

thanks a lot man .

EDIT : sorry didn't know that coverflow is in your todo list, wooohoooo can't wait, the iphone users can kiss my *** ( and if u happen to own an iphone and a nokia n900 ur not incluided )

Last edited by elie-7; 2011-04-16 at 13:30.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Ok, I didn't have much time but the first part of the portraitifying of the entertainment view is done. I have tidied up the "controls" and the anchor to the bottom now.
Still need to stick album art and track view into a Flow layout. This is a bit difficult due to the swapping animation. MAG how keen are you on keeping that feature?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
waiting for a update

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ alex , egypt
@ mohammed AG

new bug : the new media player can't play songs with arabic names but english songs works without any problem

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Someplay does the actual playback itself (with Qt Phonon), OMP uses mafw, which does the playback, the CPU usage is probably due to QProgressBar, you can check this by hiding the bar (it actually stops updating when it's hidden) by tapping the album art, then see CPU usage (in my tests, it was almost 0).
Yea you are right.
Well I guess a feature to disable the progressbar is something to consider, cus I guess lower CPU utilization means lower power consumption.
I rearly use the progressbar myself.

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse